24.

Three Years Later...

Colby walked into his home and heard the sound of Whitney Houston's I wanna dance with somebody blared through the speakers throughout the house, he heard his wife's laugh ring through the corridor and he smiled as he took his suit jacket off and made his way towards the music and her laughter.

He walked into the kitchen and leaned up against the door frame as he watched her move around the kitchen as she cooked their dinner like she did every night.

He watched his son, the tiny version of himself, standing on the counter in his pajamas, his dark brown hair that they didn't want to cut was in a small bun on his head.

CJ was supposed to be sleeping by this time of night, it was almost two hours past the little boy's normal bedtime.

Colby watched silently as Rebecca danced around the kitchen with a spatula in one hand and another hand on her son to keep him from falling off the counter.

"I wanna dance with somebody.." Rebecca sang as she grabbed the little boy from the counter and placed him on her hip "With somebody who loves me.." She sang to him as she spun around the kitchen before coming to a stop as she saw Colby standing against the door with a smile on his face

"Don't let me stop you" Colby shook his head "I was enjoying the concert" he said

"DADDY!" CJ yelled as he fought to get out of his mother's arms and into his father's

"Hey, little dude" Colby took his son from his wife "What are you still doing awake?" He asked

"Daddy read the story," CJ said

"He was waiting for you to tuck him into bed.. he refused to let me do it," Rebecca said

"And letting him dance on the kitchen counter was sure to calm him down" Colby nodded and he looked at his son "Alright buddy.. Its time for bed," he said

"No!" CJ yelled as he shook his little head "No!" He yelled once more

"You don't tell me no" Colby looked his son in the eyes and the little boy stopped his fit immediately "It's time for CJ to go to bed so Mommy and daddy can have time together.. you gotta sleep so you can be all rested up for tomorrow"

"CJ go to work with Daddy" the little boy nodded

Rebecca watched her husband walk out of the kitchen carrying their son up to his room.

"You are" Colby nodded "and you've got to be ready to take on the world so you've got to go to bed" she heard her husband say and it made her smile

She was in the middle of finishing up dinner while Colby was in the shower after putting their son down for the night. She heard his phone ding from the pocket of his suit jacket that hung on the back of the chair.

She pulled it out and was prepared to answer whatever question was being asked by someone, in the three years she had learned everything there was to learn about the company.. she could answer any question at any given time just like Colby could and she often would when he got home.

She opened the message from an unknown number and read it quickly before looking over at him as he walked into the kitchen freshly showered.

"What is it?" He asked as she looked back at the phone then back to him and then back at the phone and back to him again

"You tell me," she said coldly as she held his phone out to him and he took it from her quickly to read the message she had just read herself.

I Had a really good time tonight...

Maybe next time the wife and son won't be waiting at home and I'll be able to come over again.

Can't wait to see you again.. ;)