Truth and Lies

Hunters pov

After i Explained everything to Luz she was shocked.

"We need to go get him!" She gasped, pulling me off the couch.

"That's what I've been telling you!"  I said dragging her out the door.

"Whoa where are you kids off to?" Eda said, stepping into our path.

"Rescue mission." Luz smiled, "you coming or not?" Eda took a swig of apple blood.

"Of course im coming kiddos! Owlbert! were leaving!"

Later at the castle doors we landed.

"Wait out hear." I said. "I just need to see where belos is keeping Edric, and why he took him in the first place." Alright kid, stay safe." Eda smiled, waving me off.

I shooed Rascle away and took a deep breath.

"Glad you decided to show up." Kikimora laughed menicngally after i was inside, "the emperor would like to... speak to you."

I gulped, following her through the hallway to the Emperors throne room.

Once we arrived she shoved me inside and slammed the doors shut behind me.

"So, Hunter. Do you know why we need to talk?" Belos asked.

"Because you stole my boyfriend?" I growled at him. Belos laughed hollowly.

"Its not just that your in a relationship. Its also because you have been going against my orders for the past few weeks."

"But why did you take Ed? He didn't do anything wrong!" I yelled at him.

"Ah, but he was distracting you. Compelling you to disobey me." Belos replied calmly.

"I disobeyed you because you treat me like shit! You always have and im done with it! You don't own me! I can do whatever i want!" I shouted. Belos chuckled.

"Oh but hunter. I do own you..."

I froze.

"What do you mean?"

"I made you, crafted you to replace my brother after his death. Sadly i see now that the experiment was a failure." Belos paused, "and now that you haved officially proved that your worthless im going to drain you."

Experiment? Failed? Drain? I thought  nervously.

"Care to explain?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

"Your not a real witch hunter. Your not a real person!" Belos said, waving his hands dramatically, "could i make it anymore obvious?"

"Is that why you have alway treated me like... this?" I growled gesturing at my scars, "because you never saw me as a person? I have feelings you know!  I have a life! A boyfriend who loves me!" Belos laughed his horrible laugh again.

"Would he still love you even if i told him that your not a real witch? That your an abomination of a clone? No! He would cower in fear at the sight of you, repulsed by what you truly are!"

"No!" I yelled, tears starting to form in my eyes, "It wouldn't change a thing!" Would it?

Belos gestured for a guard to pull a large cage covered in a cloth forward.

Then, in a grand sweeping gesture he yanked the sheet off reveling Edric, he had heavy bags under his eyes and a terrified look on his face.

Edrics pov

I had spent a lonely night in the castle dungeon, untill i was moved up to the throne room.

I heard everything. And at first i was scared, did i really know hunter? How much did he keep from me? Then i heard Hunter speak, the fear in his voice giving the truth away. He didn't know anything about this either.

Suddenly the sheet was yanked off and the cage door was opened.

Beloses eyes glowed and he raised his arms. Plants spiraled out of the ground tangling Hunter in a mess of thorns.

"If Edric still loves you, he would step forward and help you, wouldn't he." Belos said.

I tried to step out of the cage, i needed to save him! But invisible chains held me in place. Hunter looked at me, tears streaming from his eyes. As he mouthed the word help and waited, eyes begging for me do something, anything. Seeing his face broke my heart, it felt like a million peices of glass were sticking into my chest at once.

Hunter i do love you! I wanted to shout, but my mouth had been blocked out by the invisible force just as well as my legs and arms.

"You see Hunter? Hes not going to save you. He wants you to die."

Hunter collapsed into the thorns, no longer struggling to break free, it was like in the seconds of me not being able to do anything his will to live simply vanished. All i could do was watch.

"Tomorrow i will drain you, and reclaim all the wasted energy i put into you, and then..." Belos lowerd his voice menacingly.

He cast open the throne room doors and a group of gaurds marched in. The marched up to me, closing me back in my cage and hauling me back to the dungeon.

______________________________________

I know this chapter was dark, but i hope you liked it anyway :)

                          -207