Chapter 10

Natalya knocked on the door of Paige’s apartment at eight on Wednesday night, she was surprised the english girl had ask her to come to dinner, although it was not clear if this was a date or not she is considering it as one, she likes Paige, plain and simple, there is not point in denying it and if she’s being honest if Paige hadn’t invited her today she would’ve ask her out for a date.

This was the first time she’d really spent any time at Paige’s apartment, as usually they’d meet at restaurants or coffee shops, when she walked up to the english girl’s door there was a note that read ‘If you are Nattie make you way in, if you are not Nattie kindly fuck off. ’ so make her way in she did, and what she saw when walking in was exactly what she expected, the whole place was all white walls but the décor was mostly black, the living room furniture had a vintage design, with a small black chandelier hanging on the roof.  She knew nothing about modern gothic interior design, and it wouldn’t be her first choice of decor but she had to admit Paige had a good eye for it.

She then caught sight of the dinning room and saw Paige setting up the finishing touches to dinner. Watching her move around made her feel happier than she had most of the day. She had really put a lot of thought into the dinner and making it nice. She was touched. Definitely what she needed after a long day.

She cleared her throat, Paige turned around surprised but then smiled after seeing the interrupter.. “Nattie! Sorry I kind of lost track of time, hence the door note” she said.

“No worries, I got here a bit early,  is everything ready or do you need help with anything?”

Paige nodded. “Everything’s done, please take a sit.” She said as she pulled the chair back for Nattie.

As she walked to the chair, Nattie pointed out “A gentlewoman, just how I like them.” All Paige could do was chuckle nervously, pushing Natalya’s chair towards the table. “ So what’s for dinner?” said the blonde girl.

“Well, there’s lasagna for dinner and strawberry cheesecake for dessert,” she said, sitting down in front of Nattie “My mom used to make lasagna all the time back in England, I demanded she teach me how to make it before moving here for college.”

“You know, I never pegged you for a cook.” she said. “This was a pleasant surprise, speaking of home, Do you miss it?”

“I do. I don’t get to see them as often unfortunately, distance, money… But…I think it’s what makes each visit special.” she said with a slight shrug. “You enjoy it more you know?”

Nattie only nodded feeling slightly sad about Paige’s situation. She could tell the subject was making the english girl sad so she decided to take a bite out of her dish and change the subject. “Wow. Paige, this is amazing.”

“Thank you,” she said with a grin feeling proud of herself. “The sauce it’s the secret, all home made, using sauce in a jar is for peasants.”

The blonde smiled at the girls humor before responding “I had no idea you could cook like this. In fact there are a lot of things I was not expecting from you and I’m really glad I got to know you.”

Paige smiled trying to hide a blush. “Well the cooking thing is a hobby, about the rest I don’t know, it’s easy to judge people by how they look, I don’t really hide who I am but I guess a lot of people find it easier to judge upon the first glance.” She said shrugging.

“Yes, I get the judging part, I am after all the daughter of a famous rich man.” the blonde said. “And about the cooking if you ever want to practice your hobby again, the please do invite me every time.” She said with a smile.

-------------

On the other side of town…

Stressed?