Montgomery Boarding School

Check out the book trailer^^

~ Rosemary ~

The most prestigious private boarding school gave me a scholarship to attend this year! From the moment I was thirteen years old, I had been wanting to apply. The first time I brought it up to my parents, they promised that they'd take it into consideration. I knew they truly meant it but I could also not forget that it was an expensive institution. It'd cost an arm and a leg- if not the whole body.

A boarding school only the most influenced people's offsprings went to, where the majority of the highly educated and successful people graduated from. If you wanted to be someone important and admirable in life, Montgomery Boarding School was the place to receive your education from. The diploma alone from the institution guaranteed a successful life and career. As I said, the topmost accomplished people received their preparation from there, which was followed by generations. The wealthiest families attended Montgomery, and as many considered it to be a preppy private school, I found it to be more than that.

At last, I received a scholarship, which would help my parents pay off the rest of the school year. Even though my family could not flaunt their money, we were still well financed. Nothing compared to the families that attended Montgomery but we lived more than comfortably.

Montgomery Boarding School was a dream come true! I had no words to describe how thrilled and privileged I felt to be beginning this life-changing journey. In no way was I planning on jeopardizing this new opportunity.

At the headmaster's office, mom held on tightly to me as she said her goodbyes. Her sobbing made me emotional but I had to pretend to be strong for her. Otherwise, she was going to cry like a baby. I understood that it was difficult for her to let me go, we had never been separated before- at least not like this. Dad looked emotional but he was keeping it together. Thank god, for mom's sake.

Mom started crushing my bones.

"Mom," I yelped. "I'm going to be fine," I winced and wiggled out of her hold. Sniffling, she formed a bit of space between us. "You know this is what I've always wanted," I reminded her. From the moment I heard of Montgomery, it was the only thing I could talk about, so she was more than aware of my aspirations.

"First thing on Friday, after your last class, I'm picking you up," she stated in advance, leaving no room for me to protest.

At Montgomery, everyone was allowed to leave for the weekend once classes ended on Fridays. Mom definitely had my schedule mesmerized by now and I wasn't sure how to feel about it. I didn't mind that she learned it by heart, if anything, I encouraged it but I didn't want her to have me on a leash either.

As mom squeezed and crushed my bones again, I shifted my eyes to my dad in a pleading manner for help.

"Honey, the secretary is waiting to take Rosemary to her dormitory," he forced her off me. Once she stopped suffocating me, I relaxed my arms.

The headmaster cleared his throat for our attention, "Mrs. Myles, don't you worry. Rosemary is in perfectly good hands. Here at Montgomery, our security team focuses on ensuring on-campus safety. It's our number one priority," he guaranteed, buttoning his blazer as he stood from the chair behind his desk. "Next time you see your daughter, she'll be ecstatic and she'll tell you about the wonderful experience!" He reassured her with a wide smile that seemed more forced than anything.

The secretary scoffed, gaining a glare from the headmaster in response.

"Um, I'm ready," I was dying to see my dorm room. The layout of the institution was displayed online, which I studied and was excited to see in person.