Sabotage & Restoration

Johnny drove as fast as he possibly could, ignoring all of the traffic signs and laws. The cobras were wedged into the back seat.

You felt like such an idiot. Of course while events with Sid were unfolding, you were under the impression that the timeline was going to be reset, meaning that none of his antics would have ever occurred. And now that resetting the timeline was unnecessary, you had to save your family business, and fast.

When you pulled up to the bank, Johnny hadn't even put the car in park before you jumped out and sprinted for the door. As you pulled it open, your heart swelled with relief. Sid stood at the counter before you.

It wasn't too late.

"Stop!"

Your shout reverberated throughout the room, causing every head to turn. Sid let out a wicked laugh when he caught sight of you.

"You're too late, sweetheart. The business is mine."

You shook your head in disgust. Even though you felt like crumbling, luckily, you felt the presence of the Cobras forming around you. They stood behind you like soldiers.

"You can't do this... please." You were tired. Of fighting, of begging and pleading with fate... with all of it.

"Oh but I can," he smirked, "and I will."

As he spoke, a woman from behind the desk walked up and whispered something ominous into the ear of the banker that was dealing with Sid. You watched them carefully, pulling your eyes away from him.

Satisfied, Sid turned back to the desk in front of him. "Someone get me a pen to sign this check!"

"Actually..." the banker man interrupted, "I'm sorry sir, but it looks like you won't be able to make the transaction today."

"What?!" He shouted.

"The funds in your bank account are not sufficient enough to cover the costs."

"What do you mean?! You imbecile! Don't you know who I am?! I have more money in my wrist watch than you probably have in this entire establishment!"

"Sir..." the banker negotiated, "we need you to stay calm."

"I can't stay calm!" Sid slammed his hands down upon the table with rage. "I have gone through the unthinkable to get here tonight, just for you to shut me down like this? Someone sabotaged my car. I found it in my driveway with slashed tires, cut wires within the engine, and a broken window! But I still made it here for this very appointment. Now I advise that it would be the smart idea to recheck the files under my name."

"We triple checked sir," the woman chimed in, "you simply don't have enough money to cover the payments."

Your jaw dropped to the floor. Next to you, Johnny was stifling contagious laughter. Turning to him with wide eyes, he kept his gaze forward. Without moving his head, he shot his eyes down to you and back in front of him again. If you blinked, you would've missed this fraction of suspicious activity.

Then it hit you.

Johnny was responsible for all of this.

"You know what," Sid growled, "I'm out of here! Take my name off your list, I'm not a member at this bank anymore!"

He ripped up the check and marched toward the doors, shoving you into Johnny as he went. As his hand hovered above the door, he turned back to you and narrowed his eyes. "You can keep your little record shop. And you can have my pathetic excuse for a son as well."

And he slammed the door behind him as he went.

You released a deep breath, half expecting Johnny to do the same. Instead, he scoffed and muttered under his breath. "Good riddance."
•••
You all waited a few minutes before leaving the bank. Bobby had suggested it may be smart until you knew Sid's busted car was gone and out of sight.