Open Season

"Should heal up nicely."

Mr. Miyagi walked from one end of the small room to the other, medical instruments in hand. He had to remove shrapnel in your legs from the car collisions, and clean up the blood. You felt horrible that he had to go through that at your expense.

"Mr. Miyagi, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

"Hai." He said as he bandaged up the freshly cleaned cuts.

"Thank you..." you hesitated, "for getting them off my case."

Mr. Miyagi looked into your eyes. The disappointment behind them transferred over clearly.

"When I heard shouting, I went outside. I saw shower curtain, thought it was Daniel. When you took off layer of costume, I see it was only you. But I also saw blood on legs, and the wax on wax off. I thought you use it for self defense. I thought they attacked you."

Your face fell. Mr. Miyagi was trying to protect you, but he realized too late what was really happening. And he knew then, what your intentions really were.

"I'm sorry." Your voice cracked.

"You use my teachings for revenge."

"Mr. Miyagi you don't understand-"

He mumbled, his face contorting into annoyance. Holding up a hand, he silenced you.

"I fear," his gears began to turn, "you are too much like uncle. Always jump to violence, no thoughts of balance. I see him in you more then father."

Tears began to well up in your eyes. "Mr. Miyagi, please don't-"

"I know you only protect Daniel. But you take too far." His tone was desperate, hoping you would cling to his message.

He sighed. "Tomorrow, we put end to this. You come with me to Cobra Kai dojo. We speak with sensei about boys fighting Daniel. No more interfering."

"But-"

"No but. My demand final."

You sighed, swinging your legs off the table you were sitting on. Looking around the room in shame, you hoped Mr. Miyagi was done with his lecture.

"So," he spoke into the silence, turning to clean his tools, "why so angry at boys?"

"Please tell me you're joking," you laughed, "you realize those are the same boys that beat up Daniel all the time? The ones who ran him off the road, which led to you fixing his bike."

"Hai."

"Then why are you even asking?"

"Because," he turned back to you, "that not problem to solve."

"What?" You scoffed nervously, "I'm just looking out for my friend."

"Hai. But there is something more. You fight your own battles too. Internal battles."

"I don't have any internal battles about Johnny."

Mr. Miyagi smirked, "I never said you did. About this Johnny."

You sighed. His expression across from you read: gotcha!

"You like boy."

You sat up straighter. "I do not!"

"No? Then why you challenge him so much?"

"Because he challenges me."

Mr. Miyagi smiled toward the ceiling, shaking his head. "Puppy love."