Past Problems & Future Endeavors

"Don't you dare tell my mother about what happened!"

You swatted at Johnny's arm the next day as he walked you to class. He threatened to tell her about the incident, but if he told her, then who knows what could have slipped? Your mother could have exposed the truth about Kreese being your uncle if she assumed it was him.

"You just expect me to be okay with what happened?" Johnny scoffed, "you could've been killed."

"But I'm still here, aren't I?"

"Why are you being so stubborn? This is your life we're talking about. This isn't just some game anymore, alright? She needs to know what happened."

"She can't, Johnny." You couldn't risk that.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm trying to keep you safe!"

You had blurted out the words so quickly, it was too late to take them back.

"Keep me safe?" Johnny inquired, "you're the one who was almost hit by a car!"

"Johnny please just believe me. I can't tell you-"

"There's too many secrets. You could've gotten seriously hurt... or worse. I've let this slide long enough, now I need to know the truth. The full truth. Tell me."

You sighed, "I really wish I could..."

He rolled his eyes, moving a few steps away from you as the two of you walked.

"Then why don't you?"

The bell rang, saving you from an explanation that you couldn't give him. Luckily, you had just made it outside the door for your next class.

"I'll talk to you later, Johnny."

He didn't hesitate with his next words. "This isn't over."

"You're right it's not," you smirked, "you still never told me about your surprise for me."

You hid your sigh with a faltering smirk as you headed into class. You wanted nothing more than to tell Johnny the truth. But Kreese made his intentions clear long ago. If Johnny were to ever find out the truth, you could forget about ever seeing him again. You don't exactly know what those words implied, but considering he tried to run you down with his car the other night, you could piece it together pretty easily. Kreese seemed like the person who could make it look like an accident too.

But something about the whole situation didn't sit right with you. A piece of information still hadn't added up correctly.

Wouldn't the boys have recognized the car if it belonged to Kreese?

It didn't make sense for them to ignore it if they had. Unless there were pre-existing threats on their end as well. But by the looks on their faces, they had no idea who was behind the wheel.

And perhaps maybe you didn't either.
•••
Nothing happened for the last remaining days of the week. In fact, you had almost forgotten there was a threat looming over your head at all.

By Saturday, you had given the Cobras the address to Mr. Miyagi's place.

They showed up on Sunday as you were meditating. Although your eyes were closed, you could hear them giggling as they came around the corner. There were a few comments spewing out in hushed whispers.

"Shhh!"

"Dude, this is so weird."

"Cut it out!"

"Everyone shut up!"

"You're the one who needs to be quiet, man."

You didn't have to open your eyes to know Mr. Miyagi was next to you with one eye peeled open. He probably sensed them coming before they could even be heard.