Party With Marty

The next few weeks were a blur.

You and Daniel had officially finished painting the record shop. It took a long time, and the two of you complained on multiple occasions, but you got it completed all the same. Daniel was still upset that Mr. Miyagi took no part in painting at all though.

You uncle was still hiding in the shadows. He hadn't shown up yet, so you didn't know if he ever would. For your sake, you hoped that maybe he would forget about it.

Johnny ended up knocking on your door quite a few times. So often in fact, that you left the navy blue blanket on the couch just in case. You told your mother about the situation so she was aware, and she gladly let him in every time. The two of you bonded immensely, no strings attached. Of course you both still bickered and messed with each other, it was all apart of the game. But if you pushed the game aside, you had wholeheartedly believed that you and Johnny had created a solid friendship.

Being friends with Johnny of course, gave you an opportunity to grow closer with the cobras. When they found out that he had been crashing at your place, they started coming over to visit. One visit here and there turned into your apartment becoming the big hangout.

As for your friendship with Ali, Barbara, and Susan, the three of you did so much together. You started shopping with them and going to Golf N' Stuff in your spare time. They even invited you to some lavish parties at the Encino Oaks Country Club. Considering that you weren't exactly rich, you felt out of place. But luckily for you, Ali made you feel included.

And poor Ali, Daniel still didn't have the guts to ask her out. He came up with this elaborate plan that was sure to secure him a date, but he was yet to use it.

You and Daniel spent hours upon hours finishing up your history project. By the end of it, the two of you were inseparable. He was a very loyal friend, and he told you everything.

At least you hoped.

You couldn't help but notice him growing more distant as time went on. The two of you still did everything together, but a part of you wondered if he was hiding something from you.

Your mind wandered to his random scrapes and bruises. Was he really just falling off his bike?

"Hello? Did you hear me?"

Johnny's voice snapped you out of your daze. You had almost completely forgot where you were. Looking around and familiarizing yourself with your surroundings again, you brought yourself back down to earth. You were with the cobras, sitting under a tree during lunch. The sky was clear, the sun shining down on you all brightly, so you decided to snack in the shade.

"Yeah..." you lied, "I heard you."

Johnny rolled his eyes and leaned back against the tree. "Really? What did I say?"

"You said hello? Did you hear me?"

He swatted at your arm playfully and laughed. "I'm serious, princess. This is some big stuff we're talking about here."

"We need your undivided attention." Tommy said quickly.

"This is major." Dutch spoke dramatically.

"We just need your honest opinion." Bobby smiled.

You laughed it off, knowing you were cornered. There was no way you were getting out of whatever conversation they were having.