Chapter 7

"Crap crap crap! Janyne wake up right now!" I heard Pearce whisper yelling and shaking me violently. I sleepily mumbled some colorful words and buried my face in what I thought was my pillow. My very firm and warm pillow. "Janyne it's six o'clock your mom is going to wake up soon, how will she react if she finds her daughter sleeping on the floor with her face buried in a guy's chest instead of being on her bed?" Pearce asked me trying to get me up. As usual I had no idea what he said because I was trying to continue the super awesome dream I was having. "Look Jay, I know you're comfortable. I am too. But if your mother sees us like this she isn't going to be too happy." Pearce tried explaining. But as the multiple times before, I wasn't going to get up. I wanted to get back to the blue car in my dream so I could finish a race with a pink goldfish. A race that I was winning. And I didn't want to get up until I was able to do that.

And unfortunately I wasn't able to fall back asleep. I groaned and sat up trying to process the many thoughts that were racing through my head. I yawned and rubbed my eyes then looked at Pearce trying to figure out why he was so close to me. And why I wasn't on my bed. "You fell asleep on me. You seemed really tired and I didn't want to wake you up." He explained trying to keep me awake. I had a feeling that the moment my head hit the pillow I was going to be knocked out for the rest of the day.

Like every morning, Pearce hid in the closet until my mom and sister left for work and school. I yawned and walked back into the room. "You can go on the bed." I said sleepily. "It's fine I can just sleep... here..." Pearce looked down at me as I took over his makeshift bed. I smiled at him slightly then said "What? Is something wrong?" I watched as he sighed and sat on my bed and patted the space next to him. It took me a moment before I realized what he was trying to insinuate. I covered part of my face with the blanket and looked away from him. "I'm not laying in a bed next to you Pearce. That's weird." I could hear him lay down on the bed and yawn. 

"It's only weird if you make it weird Janyne. Now come on. You don't need to sleep on the ground there's enough space on here for you and me." He stated looking over at me. A lot of our days went like this if I remember correctly. He'd look at me, I'd look at him, and I'd utterly melt inside. But I couldn't help feeling these weird stomach butterflies; I was being looked at. Like- actually looked at. Not being looked through, or looked past. But looked at.

I finally gave in and decided to lay next to him. Pearce smiled and turned his head to me. "See? Not weird. Completely normal." Pearce uttered before his eyes closed and he drifted off to sleep. 'Yeah. Normal. Totally normal. It's not like I was the last thing he saw before he fell asleep or anything. Yeah. Perfectly normal.' My mind raced with the thought of me being the last thing he saw before he went to sleep. It's not like I found that the most cute and adorable thing ever or anything, right? 

Right?