Cali's friends (angst ot6)

Start from the beginning

'Something must be wrong. Maybe he got lost? Maybe his car broke down? No, he'd text us if that'd happen. Maybe he was at a rest stop and got kidnapped?!' Texas shakes his head. He's worried about nothing any second now Cali will be walking through that door hair in a mess apologizing for being late. Any second now.

**back with Cali **

Walking down the street with his friends to a new Olive Garden, when they pass a dress shop.

"OH~~! Guys Stop! Look at this dress!" Rachel says stopping pulling Cali towards the dress. It is a very pretty dress, an over-the-shoulder blue dress, with star patterns so accurate that an astronomer would use it in a lecture.

Cali whistles "That is gorgeous." He looks at the tag $20,000. "Damn that dress could pay off some of your college debt."

(Is it obvious I'm not in. Collage?)

"Damn I shouldn't have stopped now I really want it." Rachel frowns "I just don't have the money."

Cali pauses for a moment. "I mean I could buy it for you."

Bruce blinks at him then gasps, "I totally forgot! You're from High society."

Cal chuckles "Ya, I really don't like to mention it."

"Would you really do it?" Rachel asks looking at Cali her eyes shining in the sun.

"Ya, of corse."

She hugs him "Thanks Cali you're the best!!!!"

**Back at the meeting also small time-skip post-shopping**

Cali didn't show, Cali didn't come to the meeting. Everyone noticed how slowly thought out the meeting Florida and Louie's mood shifted from wanting to cause chaos to annoy their boyfriend to wanting to cause chaos to summon their missing boyfriend.

The five of them lay on the couch, DC lays his head on York's lap. "He didn't show," York grumbles

"Ya, I'm worried what if something, bad happened to Poppy?" Texas says.

"Don't say that maybe Cali just forgot!" Florida reassures.

"Ya sha' let's call him to check up on him."

DC nods "OK, I'll call him,"

He calls Cali and places his phone on the table with the speaker on.

After a couple of rings, he picks up. "Hey, baby, What's up?"

"Hey, Babe!" Florida yells

"Hey, Poppy, you weren't at the meeting today, we were worried for you," Tex explains

"Calix! Our food's here! get off the phone." A voice (Amy's) says behind California.

"One Minute!" He yells back " Sorry, I wasn't at the meeting I didn't think it was important, I promise I'll be at the meetings from now on."

"That's not the only reason we're calling Cali we miss you."

"I miss you guys too babe, the school's just been busy, I'm at a dinner right now I'll call you later love you!" and then he hangs up.

When the bill comes, everyone realizes they 'forgot' their wallets.

"Damnit!" Bruce says "Did we all forget our wallets?"

"I didn't." Cali speaks up, "I could pay as long as you pay me back." They all nod.

He calls after dinner, tells them about his school work and a little bit about his friends.