Cali's friends (angst ot6)

Prompt: Cali angst. Cali makes some friends but they take advantage of his kindness and emotional vulnerability and things get rocky for him and his boyfriends

For: @Shay201457

'I did it! I have friends!' Cali thinks happily as he gets another text from some people he met a month ago at a party. 'I got to remember to thank Oregon for dragging me to that party.'

Coolguysyndrome: So Cali what do you say you wanna come over later after your done with work?

Nerdwithmoney: Sure thing, what time again?

Abysmalatskool: uh 3:30 and hour-ish after skool's out

Cali's heart skips a beat but not in a happy way. 'That's when the meeting starts, I have to say no.' California frowns about to text back that he can't go when a voice in the back of his head whispers. 'Why should you go? You don't have to go to the meeting. DC never said it was mandatory. Good point inner me, besides ya not like they'll miss me.'

Nerdwithmoney: Sure that'll work!

Toobrokeforcollage: thanks!

Cali turns back to his professor. 'Three hours left'

***meanwhile at the statehouse***

DC straightens his tie in front of a mirror. He takes a deep breath. He checks his watch at 12:30 three hours! Three hours till his boyfriend gets home!

Don't get him wrong he loves that Cali went back to college to get a degree, but the zoom calls and only seeing each other during meetings was exhausting and not the best for the six of them. Cali had promised to come home the weekend of the next meeting which was today! And he'll be here in three hours.

Three hours till he can cuddle Cali on the couch while New York and Louisiana whisper sweet nothings and reassurance in Cal's ear, and Texas and Florida make dinner. Three hours till they can watch tangled for the 1000 time. Three hours till his life is whole again.

There's a knock at the door pulling DC from his daydream. "Come on in it's unlocked!"

The door opens slowly and Oregon walks in hesitantly. "Hey, DC just wanted to let you know Gov had to go to Washington for an unplanned meeting, so you'll have to run the meeting here."

"Ok, thank you kiddo."

DC smiles in the mirror getting lost in his thoughts again. Only three hours then everything will be perfect.

**threeish hours later with Cali**

Cali meets up with his friends outside the girl's dorm.

There's Bruce a taller boy around 6'0" he has jet balcony hair, and he's wearing his football letterman.

Next to him is his girlfriend Abby (who is slightly shorter than Cali) is wearing a green tee-shirt and ripped jeans.

"Hey! Calix! Come over we're waiting for Rachel!"

California goes over to them and they get to talking for a while then Rachel comes out.

"Sorry it took forever y'all, my shirt didn't want to cooperate today." She says pulling up the sleeve of her dark blue shirt "Come on! There's a new olive garden to go to!" She yells grabbing California's hand and running off.

**meanwhile at the statehouse**

30 minutes, Cali is thirty minutes late to the meeting. Texas can't believe it! Cali is never more than 2 minutes late to a meeting ever!