Chapter 43 ~ Darkness on the Horizon

Start from the beginning

"Once the wolves are subdued - quietly I might add, Aunt Rebekah, Uncle Elijah and I will slip in through the entrance while dad stays behind to fend off anyone that tries to follow us. Now don't think I forgot about you, Briar. " Looking up, send her a smile before continuing on saying, "Despite the wolves, there are bound to vampires outside as well - giving the circumstances that Astra has provided daylight rings to them. That's where you come in, Briar. Someone needs to take them down, and since you can fight well and since your the second-well technically third oldest vampire here, you'll stay behind to kill them." I take a moment to put gesture to where people will be on the paper.

Uncle Elijah clears his throat and steps forwards. "Its an okay plan, Adriana but not flawless." He says clearly, and I turn to look at him.

"I never claimed it was. No plan is ever perfect, and we are outnumbered - greatly, I might add." Blinking a few times, I shift my weight to one foot to look up at him.

He nods and takes a moment to consider his words, which is wise considering he just said my plan was flawed. "Your right, of course. But what about the withes? Astra? Laurena? Mikael? They are all key reasons why we cannot go with my plan, correct?" He gestures to me, and waits patiently for me to respond.

Swallowing hard, I nod. "Of course but-"

I don't get a chance to finish, as he cuts me off. "But nothing. Did you forget about them? Or do you think they will not be a problem in us finishing this war?" He asks, and he has that "I'm right and your wrong" tone in his voice.

The werewolf gene in me that gives me that amazing amount of anger kicks in, and I try to remember to breathe and stay calm. But the look he's giving me just makes me want to scream. Instead, I take in a deep breath and try to relax, closing my eyes as I do so. Re-opening them, I square my shoulders again and start again.

Clearing my throat, I look him right in the eye as I speak. "I didn't forget about them at all, I'm actually counting on them all being there. That's what Aunt Rebekah," I gesture to her, "Is coming in with me. She has history with Laurena, and should be the one to end it. While she's fighting her, once Dad finishes off the wolves he will go for Mikael. Considering there past I thought he should have the honor of taking his life, while you," I gesture to my uncle, "Go for mom and get her out. I figured that you would want to be the hero and save her." Smirking slightly, he shifts his weight - obviously uncomfortable with the subject of his feelings for her.

Chuckling inside, I pretend to not to notice and take a brief moment to pause. But, I also couldn't help but relish in the look on his face - a mixture of shock and a even a little bit of comfortableness. Ah, its great to be smart and cocky at the same time...

Turning to the rest my family and Briar, I look at them all warmly. "Our main mission here isn't to kill Astra - at least not yet. Its to weaken the collective - to kill enough of her men so that we will finally have the upper hand. If-when Astra shows her face, I'll take her down. Even if it means killing her myself. After all, her and I do have a debt to settle." I pause for only a second as my mind darts to Kyle and back to the matter at hand.

"Anyway, we can't attack them all ourselves. I called Marcel this morning, and he's more then willing to bring his day-walkers along, and let his night-walkers come after the sun sets. But again, our first thought here is not to take them all out, its to save mom. We do not leave until she's safe, got it?" Looking around at everyone, they all seem willing to go with the plan, but there expressions all slightly differ.

Uncle Elijah seems like he's a little annoyed but proud, and Dad... I could help but smile softly seeing the pride that he shows on his face, and the admiration in his eyes. Looking to his right, Aunt Rebekah seems happy to finally get some action on the playing field, while Briar seems to be processing everything that happens.