"Perfect!" He hugged her from behind, spinning her around a bit, the two of them laughing. "See, told you you could do it!"

She smiled, leaning into him as he put her down again, facing Mango. "I didn't really do much, you did most of it for me!" She smiled, "but thank you."

He smiled softly. "You had lunch yet?" She shook her head. "Come on, I'll make us something at mine."

-

"You really think that thunderbirds are cute?!" Ashley laughed, finishing dinner. After Charlie had made her lunch, they'd decided to spend the rest of the day together, until she had to go back to work at least, so he's made dinner at his place for the two of them.

"They're so nice and gentle once you have their trust!" Charlie defended, laughing along with her. "But hey, don't you have a favourite magical creature?"

Ashley considered for a bit. "I don't know."

"Ashley-Rae, you can't not have a favourite magical creature!" Charlie exclaimed.

"I'm serious!" She laughed, "I've never really worked with any, not really. Though I suppose bowtruckles are cute, I like those. And I've always liked the sound of Occamies."

Charlie chuckled, shaking his head and taking the plates to the sink to wash up. "Bowtruckles can be little buggers, but they're alright. I've never seen an occamy, though I do agree with you that they sound nice."

Checking the time Ashley sighed. "I have like an hour and a half until my shift. I have no time to sleep but too much time to do pretty much anything else." She pouted, making Charlie laugh.

"We can watch a film or read books if you like to pass the time?" He waved his wand to make the dishes do themselves, and Ashley perked up.

"I like both of those ideas."

He grinned, "come on then."

They curled up together on the sofa, Charlie casting a few spells to make the tv turn on and start a movie for them to watch together, though neither paid much attention, as they talked through it and gave each other cute kisses.

"I love the honeymoon phase." Ashley smiled softly.

Charlie shrugged. "I just love you."

Ashley laughed, "that was cheesy."

Kissing her lightly, he said, "but so, so true."

She checked the time before sighing. "Ugh, I have to go back to work. I'll see you tomorrow? We'll go to town for lunch, my treat."

Charlie raised an eyebrow. "I'll walk you to work if you don't mind me crashing at your place."

Ash shook her head before remembering she'd had a key made for him the previous day, retrieving it from her bag. "Here. I had it made for you, so you can come and go as you like."

He took it gently, smiling up at her. "Thank you. I'll have to get you one for here."

They got ready, Charlie grabbing some clothes and shoving them in a bag, and they set off to walk back to the hospital over the ridge.

Charlie kissed her goodbye before disappearing up to her apartment, leaving her with Jace making coffee in the back and humming some unfamiliar tune.

"Not you as well," Ashley joked, taking her mug from him, sipping on the coffee.

Jace gave her a questioning look, not really responding.

"James was off in fairyland all morning, smiling and daydreaming. Don't make me have to put up with that from you too."