Why is Roman of all people working at ReadySet?

And not to mention the way Ludovic didn't seem to believe me when I acted like I didn't know who Roman was.

I'm pretty sure Ludovic is suspicious at this point judging by the way he looked at me.

"I know you're still hurt because of what he did in the past," Yara's voice summons me to reality, "and I know every part of you resents him for it. . .but Anaya, don't let the past cloud your judgment. Anyone can see how crazy Ludovic is about you. . ."

I roll my eyes.

A look of determination crosses her features, "And I know somewhere deep deep inside of you, there's a part of you that is also crazy about him too."

"He slept with Tatianna, Yara," I deadpan, "there's no coming back from that."

"Believe me," a sigh escapes her, "I'm not trying to justify his actions by any means and I acknowledge he shouldn't have done what he did."

She pauses for a few seconds, "But if I put myself in his shoes, the guy lost the girl he loved because he thought she was using him. So he ended up resenting you for it and every action he committed after the breakup shouldn't be held against him because you guys were no longer together.

"I admit he crossed the line by sleeping with her but can you blame him? Tatianna did everything to steal him from you and he was in a dark place—"

"I know I shouldn't hold it against him," I interrupt her sharply, "but I just can't help it. He completely crushed me and I have no idea of how to remove the anger and pain I feel every bloody time I think about it.

"I'm so angry all the time and as much as I try to oppress my emotions," I say in haste, "it's all useless because the more I see him, the more the anger I feel for him festers up."

Yara nods in understanding, "I get that. . .I just want you to find it in your heart to forgive him, Anaya. The only way you guys can move forward is by giving him the chance to redeem himself."

Before I can respond, she beats me to it, "For if you keep holding on to rage and pain, you're going to end up making yourself miserable."

Although every part of me refuses to forget about the past, is there a slight chance I'll ever be able to forgive Ludovic?

Will I ever be able to trust him?

The questions spiral into my mind like a typhoon.

Unable to handle the intensity of the conversation, I change the subject.

"So how are things with you and Eric?"

Extending her arms onto the rolled edge, Yara propels her head back before closing her eyes.

"They're good," she begins in neutrality, "I mean he checks off all the boxes in the list of qualities I'm looking for in a man but I dunno. . ."

My brows furrow, "Go on. . ."

She stares at the ceiling in prolonged silence.

"We recently got into this ridiculous fight because he got choleric after seeing Stalon and I interacting," she discloses before sighing, "basically he thinks the dynamic between Stalon and I is ambiguous, can you believe that?"

When I don't comment, Yara diverges her curious gaze to me.

"You're not saying anything. . ." she remarks in suspicion.

I shrug, "I mean he is kinda right, Yara."

She knits her brows, "What do you mean?"

There's a pregnant pause.