s e v e n t e e n

Start from the beginning

"Uh, right you are into girls yeah? Fuck you fags" he said loud enough for everyone to hear. Delilah looked at him as if she was processing the words he just said.

Before anyone could come up and slap him, Delilah stepped forward and stood in front "Well your offer is pretty tempting but a) I am only into pretty people, you know I have standards and all, and b)your girlfriend didn't say that yesterday" she said this and turned around winking at his girlfriend who came forward and slapped that boy tightly saying "Shame on you Leo, we are over."

The girl shoved him, causing him to fall to his knees and to the floor. As soon as Maxwell arrived, he tackled Leo to the ground while hitting and kicking him in the stomach.

"Who do you think you are? How dare you say shit like that to my girl?".When Leo's face was covered in blood, the man continued to pound him until his knuckles were cracked.

"Max" Delilah's voice cracked as she looked at his disheveled state. Her eyes filled up with tears. Right at that time, the principal came and told everyone to get back to their respective classes. He had been told by some students what happened exactly and has suspended Leo for 2 months.

The principal came near Delilah and gave her a pat on the head and patted Maxwell's shoulder telling him that he is proud of him. They both gently smiled at him.

Now that everyone was gone, both of them were left alone. Maxwell wiped a lone tear that escaped Delilah's eyes. She looked at him and more tears fell from her eyes, breaking his heart. She tackled him into a big hug and he protectively wrapped his hands around her figure and breathed her scent.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Delilah was devastated, she was not able to find her science textbook. She had searched everywhere but still, she couldn't remember where she left it.

Just then Maxwell came into the empty classroom, holding something in his hands.

"Oh great, Maxwell have you seen my book, I can't find it," she said still searching her bag, her back facing him.

"Delilah, I like you," he said and waited for her reaction, which he didn't get.

"Yeah yeah but can you just-" she turned to him who had a packet of something and she slowly processed his words.

"Wait-You like me? This isn't a prank right?" she asked hesitatingly walking towards him.

"Are you stupid, of course not?" he grumbled looking away from her, angry that she didn't give him a reply.

"Max" she drags out his name and calls him. He just hums in response still looking away.

"Are you an electrician?" she asked looking at him with a small smile playing on her lips. He just looks at her with confusion clearly written on his face.

"Because you light up my day" she grins widely while he just gives her a weird look fighting his smile.

"Okay, one more. On a scale of 1 to America, how free are you tonight?" she said in a hurried tone, blushing a little but still hiding it with the smirk on her face.

"Are you asking me on a date Ms. Warner?" he said walking closer to her while she just stood there with her arms crossed over on her chest.

"Well, for a matter of fact-I am Mr. Knight" she smiled at him which he responded to by picking her up and spinning her in the air while she clutched onto him for her dear life, their chuckles echoing in the empty classroom.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Delilah was studying with Maxwell in his room for an upcoming Chemistry exam which was in the next two days. Delilah was jotting down some notes while Maxwell was whining about how much she studies.

She got annoyed and grumbled slightly "Can you shut up?".

When his whining still didn't stop, she took the empty sticky note that was in her hands and put it on his lips, making him blink a couple of times to understand what was happening.

She again went back to her notes, and as some minutes passed and Maxwell didn't say anything. She looked up and saw him still looking at her with a weird glint in his eyes, mischievous she must say.

He went closer to her and put his lips on hers, softly yet slowly moving along with hers- the sticky note being the only barrier between their lips. She fisted the bedsheet when she felt his lips move against hers. She wanted to push away but she couldn't.

He pulled away and took the sticky note out of his hands, putting it on her forehead. He chuckled seeing her full face being red and her eyes shut.

"You liked it huh?"

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Delilah had a very tiring day at school, it was one of the days before her final exams started and she was regretting staying up late and reading her novels.

When she came to the locker, she met Maxwell. She smiled tiredly at him and gave him a hug. He hugged her back gently and sneakily took her phone out from her pocket.

He took her phone from her hand and held it up in the air.

"Maxwell" she glared and stood in front of him giving her hand for him to hand over her phone.

He smiled and took her hand intertwining it and kept her phone in her jacket's pocket.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

She was frustrated, angry, tired and most of all pissed- at Maxwell. He had mistakenly dropped one of her books in the swimming pool and now all the pages were ruined.

She was walking away while he kept chasing her calling her name.

But no, she did not want to listen to him at this time, she was afraid she would hit his head with the same book that was in her hands.

"Just leave me alone, why do you even care?" she said dramatically slightly panting from her running, and stopped turning to face him.

"You know why," he mumbled loud enough for her to hear.

This time the rush of powerlessness, the sinking giving, and waves of warmth left her limp before she could even get her thoughts out of her head. She looked up to see a blurry image of Maxwell Knight's face. At first softly, he kissed her on the lips with one arm wrapped around her figure, but as the intensity increased, she clung to him as though he were her sole anchor in the world's swirling chaos. Insistently, his mouth parted her trembling lips, sending vibrations through her nerves that she had never thought she was capable of feeling.

 Insistently, his mouth parted her trembling lips, sending vibrations through her nerves that she had never thought she was capable of feeling

hope you liked the updates<3

until next time,

-alishba<3