20

I'd just finished the pre-race interviews when Lando came back over to me, "what's your prediction then?"

"Another podium for Mr Lando Norris, of course," i smirked.

He winked, "i'll see what i can do. You watching from our garage?"

I shrugged, "John wants me out and about, but if i get a minute i will be."

He nodded with a slight smirk, "i'll see you after my podium then, wish me luck."

"Oh, you don't need it," i smirked.

---

I did manage to watch most of the race in the McLaren garage, but was called out when the two championship leaders ended up out of the race.

I went over and spoke to Max, while Luke spoke to Hamilton. Once we'd spoke to them, Luke and i went to watch the replays of what had happened, discussing who was to blame.

(honestly i think both of em are to blame bc max had to know that would end in a crash but hamilton left him no room at all. but surprise max is the only one with a penalty)

The rest of the race went pretty much perfectly, and my prediction came true. Lando did, in fact, end up on the podium, with his best finish yet at P2! But not only that, Daniel Ricciardo finally got what he deserved. He fucking won it, and i was so happy for them both and the team.

They both ran over to the McLaren guys in celebration, and i was amidst them all to congratulate them. Daniel came over first, high fives and hugs all round, then Lando came over to hug everyone, but hugged me extra tight, picking me up and spinning me around.

"Congrats! That was amazing, Lando!" i wrapped myself around him, "i'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you, it feels amazing!" his muffled voice came from his helmet before he pulled it off with one hand, still holding me with the other.

Then he kissed me. In front of everyone, he kissed me. It was a deep passionate kiss, and we heard a few wolf whistles around us. He eventually pulled away and smiled wide, "i think you're my lucky charm."

I blushed pink but Daniel came over before i could say anything. "Are you two finally official?"

We both nodded as Lando set me down onto the floor again so i could hug Daniel, "yeah we are, but congrats! You really fucking deserved that win, i'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you, it feels surreal!" he beamed, "it's great to be back at the top!"

They both soon got pulled away for the podium, and i moved so i could see it properly.

Oh, how i'd missed the shoey.