they all laughed and JJ cupped her face kissing her repeatedly, "that's my girl!" he pulled out his bandana grabbing the gun wrapping it around.

"oh my God." JJ laughed.

"holy shit." Pope stood up laughing.

"we're gonna get this son of a bitch, man." JJ laughed.

Pope helped Kiara up as she pulled Caroline up, "let's go, girls. good job."

"yeah."

"you did it, Ace, Kie. you did it. come on." JJ laughed pulling the three into a hug.

"let's get this to Shoupe." JJ repeated and they were off.

~~~

the four Pogues stood in front of Shoupe's desk, the girls were still covered in sewer water and mud and reeked of sewer water. JJ dumped out the gun onto the desk rolling his bandana back up placing it in his pocket, Shoupe looked at the weapon then at the four Pogues in disbelief.

"so y'all are telling me that this is the firearm Rafe Cameron killed Peterkin with?" Shoupe asked the four.

"that's exactly what we're telling you, Shoupe." JJ responded.

"and the exact same firearm that Ward just used to kill Gavin." Pope added pointing.

"i- and where's that corpse again?"

Kiara and Caroline looked at each other in shock then at Shoupe, "didn't you look?" Kie asked.

"i checked the hospital. i went by his house. he was out." Shoupe told the four.

"for almost two days?" Caroline asked hoping he'd get the hint.

"he was out?" Kiara asked in disbelief.

"no shit! 'cause he's dead, Shoupe!" JJ argued raising his voice at the deputy.

"listen to yourself. it makes perfect sense!" Caroline argued with the deputy.

"just because he's not in his damn home does not mean he was a victim of a homicide." Shoupe told them.

"what are you talking about?" Kiara cried out.

"i told you this was gonna happen." JJ spoke up, "you gotta be kidding."

"are you at least gonna send it in for ballistics and shit, or are you just gonna sit on your ass?" Caroline spat at him already sick of his shit.

"he'll sit there and wax that damn mustache. is that even real?" JJ yelled at Shoupe who quickly stood up.

"i'll wax this-"

"shut up, JJ!" Pope hushed the blonde.

"it's not fair." Kiara told Shoupe who walked to the door opening it.

"oh, i'm sorry. did i hurt his feelings?" JJ's voice rang with sarcasm, Caroline looked at him standing up approaching him.

"shut up!" Pope yelled at him.

"enough." Caroline stepped in between them.

"get out. i got work to do." Shoupe pointed out the door.

"are you serious?" JJ muttered.

"y'all are smelling up my office." Caroline scoffed at his words approaching him.

"you mean Peterkin's office. you know, she was arresting Ward that day? for what he did to Big John. you're only just in it for the fucking money." Caroline lowly snapped at him.

"hey!" Shoupe scolded her.

"did Ward bribe you? this doesn't make any sense." Kiara approached him leaving the office.

"from the looks of it, he probably did." Caroline snapped following Kiara out of the office.

"you ain't gonna do shit." JJ snapped following Caroline out.

"out!"

Caroline turned her head to JJ who just shook his head wrapping his arm around her shoulder leading them outside to his bike and Kiara's car. Pope joined them seconds later, without saying anything they all said their goodbyes for the night and went their separate ways.

~~~

"never again am i going down in a damn drain." Caroline told JJ stepping into his room.

Luke was nowhere to be seen in months, so the Maybank household was safe for the two for a while until Luke showed back up. JJ turned his head setting their bags onto a chair in his room seeing her in one of his t shirts and her pajamas shorts.

"is it safe for me to hug you now?" he turned around opening his arms, she laughed walking over to him wrapping her arms around his neck as he picked her up.

"you smell really good." Caroline laughed at his words resting her head on his shoulder.

"how'd it go down there?" he asked setting her on the bed.

Caroline laid down laying on her side followed by JJ who was facing her, "besides the smell, the body part we found, and me falling getting stuck in the water for a bit, it went well."

"really?" he asked her resting his hand on her cheek.

"really." she smiled nodding her head.

"that's my girl." he smiled widely kissing her deeply.

Caroline kissed back moving her hand behind his neck pulling him closer, this was their first time alone in a few weeks. ever since John B and Sarah disappeared they four Pogues have always been together and now that they discovered their friends were alive they spent most of their time getting him and Sarah back home.

JJ pulled her closer by her waist deepening their kiss, she moved to her lay on her back pulling him with her so he was hovering over her slightly. pulling away to catch their breaths Caroline smiled at JJ, his hand went to her cheek rubbing his thumb against it, he leaned down again kissing her deeply as she sat up. their lips were still connected as JJ pulled her onto his lap.