"Thank you," Ava chirped. "She flirts with you," Ava whispered as we walked away. "I don't like it," she gritted, glaring at her over my shoulder. 

"Well, I only flirt with you, so..." I shrugged. 

She smiled, pushing the door open as I brought her inside, seating her in the chair. She winced softly, glancing at her ankle. I sat beside her until a minute later when Maya walked in. 

"Hello," she sang. "How come you're here again?" She sat in her chair, taking the stethoscope off. "You just came two days for your regular check-up." 

"I... fell," Ava pouted. 

"You fell? Doing what?" Maya chuckled. 

"I fell from the library ladder. Onto my ankle. I told Rhys it wasn't anything serious but he insisted I come." 

"That's okay, it's always good to be sure. Let me see." I pushed Ava's chair to the side and Maya bent down, pulling up her leg, squeezing around the ankle, investigating. 

"Ow," Ava whined. 

"It doesn't feel broken, it's most likely to be a sprain." She turned to me. "Why don't you go get her x-ray done and in the meantime, I'll get your test reports, hmm?" 

"Do I need a wheelchair?" Ava questioned. 

"You already have one," Maya shrugged, glancing at me pointedly. 

"You're hilarious, Ms. Maya, so very funny," I scoffed, picking Ava up again who chuckled softly. We got her x-ray done and she was brought back out in the wheelchair and then we were led back to Maya's office. A nurse came in with Ava's x-ray which Maya analyzed and then nodded. 

"What I thought. It's just a sprain. So I'm going to bandage you up and you'll be fine in a few weeks. No activity, no heavyweight on the foot, no high heels, no walking around too much." She grabbed a bandage and a brace, beginning to wrap up Ava's ankle. "So," Maya cleared her throat. "Tell me something. Did you fall on your back or your front?" 

Ava looked at me in confusion. "I don't know." 

"She fell on her foot. I caught her before her body hit the ground. Why?" 

Maya hesitated, "Well, I was just looking through your reports, I'll show them to you in a minute. But um, Ava, you should really start taking care of yourself." 

"Why?" Ava panicked. "What's wrong with me?" 

"Nothing's wrong with you," Maya scolded. "I'm just... you know, being precautious." 

"Maya," Ava said sternly. 

"Just take care of yourself," she sighed, turning to me, "take care of your wife." 

"I do take care of my wife. Will you tell us what's going on?" 

She finished wrapping up the ankle and then grabbed the reports, looking through them again. "Everything is perfectly okay. Your sugar levels, your vitamin levels, everything's great. But I'd just suggest you start taking it easy on your physical activities. Not now, but in a few months." 

"Why?" Ava asked hesitantly. 

"Because, my dear, you're pregnant."