6| Rings

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Rings

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 6: Rings (Rhys' POV)

I got back to the palace for lunch and then right after that, the plan was to go for a suit fitting for the engagement. 

"Did you visit all the elementary schools and clubs?" Dad asked. 

"I did. There's a problem with some of them though." 

"What's wrong?" 

"A few schools don't have enough staff to support the student body. There are too many students and not enough teachers to teach or control them. The kids aren't getting the kind of education they deserve." 

"Do you have any solutions in mind?" 

I sighed and fell into thought. "It'll only be temporary if we go this route. But adding to the town fairs could help. We have multiple throughout the year, adding something for the kids with an educational purpose could help while we look for more teachers. Volunteers for the fair would help, volunteers at school too." 

"Volunteers? How do you mean?" Mom quipped up. 

"There are a lot of girls and women who want to work but don't know how to because Kilthorne has just now started opening career opportunities to women. I know they're not completely qualified to teach kids, but I'm sure they can help out the elementary kids. The women will have more opportunities and the kids will learn more." 

"I want to volunteer," my mom shrugged. "It sounds fun." 

I chuckled softly, pouring water into my glass. 

"Are you going with Ashton later? Shall I come with you two?" Dad offered. 

"You don't have to, but you're free to come if you'd like," I replied. 

"You have a council meeting," Mom reminded him. 

"Oh, that's right." 

After lunch ended, I left, taking the car keys and driving myself to Rogue, the men's boutique we always go to. I know where Ava, Brooke, and our mothers will be. Fantasia, that's their boutique and it's only ten minutes away from Rogue. I met Ashton there and we headed inside. We walked into the showroom and Ashton immediately plopped down on the couch, looking exhausted. 

"Where have you been?" I asked while looking through tuxedos and suits. 

"They took me dress shopping. Mrs. Gemma is probably there now but before that, I was being tormented. The two of them would make me pull my hair out, I swear. It's not like I know about dresses, why would they ask me to choose?" 

"Two of them?" I didn't look over and continued acting nonchalant, looking through the clothes. 

"Oh yeah, Ava didn't go. She went to Aurora for lunch with somebody, I don't know." 

The urge to ask who she went with was biting at my skin. I wanted to know. Did she just go with Victoria or is it someone else? Is it a guy? Is it Liam? 

"It might have been a guy now that I think about it, shit. She dressed up and everything." 

"Shouldn't you know who she went with? You're pretty protective over Ava." 

"Only because I know she's too naive. She'd get her heart broken before she even knows it. But she's not a baby, she's twenty-one. She'll be fine."