Chapter fifteen

TW// Blood sucking vampyr sex

~*~

Rose ate her burger quietly. The meat was undercooked but that was the least of her worries. When she looked up from her food and found Dean practically salivating over how good the burger was, something in her stomach threatened to rip her wide open.
     "You're lying."
     "I'm not."
     "You're a Vesen. A witch. Your grandmother did not want your mother to marry your father and sire a child because he was half vamp. Your mother knew and married him anyway."
     Rose couldn't breathe. She couldn't even stand up straight. "Why did they abandon me?"
     "Vampyre's and Witches do not make pleasant roommates."
     She was the reason her half-vampyre father left. He could not deal with a vampyre-witch hybrid. Her own mother blamed her for it and it drove her mad. Even before she was born, she was a curse.
     "What are the tongues of Asgar Dehlm?"
     Zamar seemed to contemplate whether or not it was wise to tell her, but he knew keeping anything from her at this present time would be complicated. "They are a runic language that encompasses a cosmic force known as Uthrarr. They are a Vesen's source of power."
     He touched her cheek making her flinch. That touch was intimate, it was warm. It was the kind of touch you'd expect from a lover. She saw the way his eyes dimmed when she angled away from him. "I need to cloak your mind. Dean cannot learn of this, do you understand?"
     Lip trembling, Rose nodded. "How will you do it?"
     "Think of your thoughts as a room full of filing cabinets. When Dean enters your mind, he's looking for a particular folder. I'm going to take the memory of our encounter and thrust it somewhere in your deep conscious so he might not find it."

She swallowed. "Fine. Do it."
     "Rose."
She was a curse.
     "Rose!"
     Rose startled, blinking slowly into Dean's different coloured eyes. The colour of worry smudged under his lids. "Are you well?"
     She wasn't, she might never be. He will not see into your mind. Zamar made sure of it. "I think that ride has made me feel a bit sick," she lied.
     Without another word, Dean rose and picked up his jacket. "Let's go," he smiled.
     Night was dark but it was not the same taste as the eternal dark of Hel. With each step Rose took, she wondered if Hel heard her feet, heard the rumble of hybrid power tousling its head from the surface. She was sure humans did not know what lay beneath their feet but what troubled her more was if these people were even human. Cato had glamoured himself to look like them, talk like them and eat like them. How many foreign creatures wore the guise of mere human? How many tricked the world into believing them feeble?

Dean grunted.

Swayed.

"Dean?"
     "I'm fine—" he bowed over to lean against a wall.
     "Dean!"
     His eyes, gods his eyes. Flicking between red and blue. They couldn't go home like this. It was well past midnight and she wasn't looking to hull a tired Vampyre all the way back to the gates of Hel. Rose scoured the miserable contents of the grimy street they'd found themselves on.
     Spied a hotel.
     She swung his massive arm over her shoulder and half thought he'd break her collar bones with how heavy he was. She'd never contemplated just how tall, wide and heavy he was until she was struggling to guide him across the road. Using his legs was more of a negotiation, and every movement pulled a low grunt from his lips.
     Right into her left ear.
     It made the spot between her legs tingle.
Gods, Rose, he's in fucking pain.
     A deep chuckle brushed the side of her ear. "You like my groans?"
     She pushed open the inn's doors, ignoring the roar that bloomed between her legs. "Shut the fuck up."
     The receptionist saw them coming and stilled.
     "We need a room."
"That will be—"
     "We need—"Dean's growl was feral. Animalistic. His anger pulsed off him with such force, she would have soiled herself if she did not know him. "A fucking room."