Chapter 5

Donnie's POV

I slip on my favorite hoodie and sigh, I shouldn't be so dramatic. He didn't do much to me, it pales in comparison to what other people experience...

What am I thinking?! It's bad, whether it's 'not as severe' or is, it's still bad. Even if I screamed even louder, what would that have done? Stupid, I need to stop thinking these stupid thoughts! I'm fine, just great! I'm lucky, just think about others who've suffered worse! You got lucky while others got even worse treatment!

I growled lowly, I got lucky. Simple as that, and sure, maybe my only friends are April and my brothers, but I have friends. And sure, people don't like my first impressions, but so what? And sure, maybe I give people the impression I'm gonna start a nuclear war and whatever, but it doesn't really matter! I blink and groan, why am I thinking about problems now of all the times I could've?

I step out of my room and huff when Leo oh so gracefully crashed into me. "Leo- Are you serious?!" Leo grimaces, "Ooooh, sorry! Ouch, anywho! April's here- And we're all too busy to hang out with her so now you have to!" I stare at him for a few seconds, "So April happens to come uninvited and you're all too busy to hang out with her?" I raise an eyebrow in amusement, it's clear Leo, Mikey, and Raph set this up.

Leo nods solemnly, "Ah, for fate is cruel dear brother, how I'd LOVE to hang out with you two, but alas, I am an unfortunate soul!" I snort, I might never say this out loud, but Leo always knows how to make me feel better. "Oh no, poor you!" I elbow him gently, "Okay, lead me to my best friend." Leo glowers in betrayal, "I'm not your bestie?!" I roll my eyes, "Nope. You're too annoying. April's cool." Sulking, Leo leads me to the living room. 

April waves happily, "Hey, Don! Ready to HAVE SOME FUUUUNNN!!" I nod, "Sure, why the heck not?" Leo pouts, "Aw, I wish I could hang with you guys, but alas, I must go!" He suddenly smiled happily and stood up, "Okay, bye! Be safe!" I watch Leo leave and snicker, "Idiot." April grinned, "Aww, c'mon, you love him!" I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, where do you wanna hang out?"

April chuckled, "The arcade! Whatcha say?" I nodded and let her lead the way. I felt too drained to tell her to relax her excitement at least a little. Depressing thoughts surrounded my mind again, highlighting everything wrong with my everyday life. And as stupid as it sounds, I couldn't help but agree with the thoughts a little. "Don, you good?" I look up at April and shrug, "Why do you ask?"

She fiddled a bit, "Well, the guys said something was up with you but you wouldn't open up." She doesn't want to hang out with you, obviously. I nod, "Oh." April waited for me to go on but eventually got the hint, "Don, if something's wrong-" I look up and point behind her, "Is this the arcade you were talking about?" April frowned, "Oh, no you don't! Donnie, you gotta open up every now and then or you'll explode!" I shrug for the millionth time, "Meh. I'm good, really. Let's just hang ou-" 

"No! Stop lying! Stop pushing us away! We're here to help-" I glare at her, "Oh yeah? Then why do I keep getting captured by that stupid pig?!" April shook her head, "I dunno, Don-" "NO. I've heard enough, all you wanna do is interrogate me! Just leave me ALONE April!" April teared up and patted my shoulder, "No, I'm sorry, Donnie. I'm- no, WE are just really worried... We care, Don. Whether you know it or not, we do." No, you don't.

I frowned and turned around, "Let's go home."