07

CHAPTER SEVEN!

after a night of torment, she was once again forbidden from leaving the house. she spent most of her time in her room, the record player curly's brother got her for her 10th birthday was playing as eden listened to her Etta James record once again.

it was just released in february, she saved up for months. she never managed to get enough money. But once finding her bedroom window open that day, she was beyond ecstatic when coming into her room one day and finding the record placed on display right on her bed.

till this day doesn't know who gifted it to her, though the love she has for them due to the gesture was grand.

it didn't take much when her mother laid passed out on the couch, that was more than a green light escape for the girl.

she set out to find curly, it had been almost a week since she's talked to the boy and that itself became to long to bare. neither of them stay consistent with their school attendance, unless forced by their irresponsible guardians.

the obvious thing to do was to check his house, but he never actually was there. it was more likely to find him bumming around the curtis home than his own.

"hey eden!" the middle curtis brother beamed as he watched her approach from the front porch. eden was always fond of the curtis siblings, especially sodapop.

eden first met sodapop on curly's 9th birthday. curly's friendship with the youngest curtis was enough to gather the curtis gang in the shepards house that day. the age difference wasn't much, only two years. from the moment eden laid eyes on sodapop curtis, it was safe to say she was beyond infatuated.

as years went by, his looks matured as she couldn't do nothing but swoon. it was something she was quite ashamed of. now, she told curly shepard everything that went on in her godforsaken life, and it was the same way around. but this was the one thing she was sure to take to her grave.

"hey soda, has curly come by?" she asked, leaning against the wired gate with the very hopes to control her body language from seeming too nervous.

"no not today, sure him and ponyboy are out and about town though" he told her, with his movie star smile that could make any girl melt.

eden surely wasn't an exception.

End of chapter 07