"You decide what you want and I'll get it for you," I said, breaking the silence.

"You mean I can ask for anything?"

"Yeah as long as it's not very expensive, you know I ain't a rich lad"

He grinned. Like actually grinned showing his dimples, "Don't worry it's not going to be anything costly"

"Great"

We stood outside for a minute awkwardly. None of us moved or said anything. I don't know about Soobin but I had definitely started to enjoy his presence and that scared me. A small part of me wondered if he thought the same as me. What if he is just messing with me? But a larger part knew that he was being sincere. I could just feel it.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure. Go back safely"

"I will. Bye Yeonjun"

"Bye Soobin"
I waved my hand and watched him disappear in the night. With a small smile on my face, I entered my tiny workplace and got ready to work my ass off.

...

Don't you just love it when you miss someone and they suddenly text or call you out of the blue? And it's even better if they show up in person, isn't it? It's as if the universe was kind enough to grant your wish because that person running all the way from their house in the middle of the night to yours just to see you before going to bed seems so unreal. And this doesn't happen with everyone all the time because the universe isn't always this generous, is it? But today, this wasn't the case. Today, universe did something very unexpected for me. Something that made my day. I mean my night.

While I was stacking canned food in the corner, my thoughts wandered back to the black-haired boy who was with me just thirty minutes ago. I know these days I've been thinking about him a lot but tonight was different. I know I shouldn't feel this way for anyone, especially Choi Soobin but I've never felt this comfortable with someone before. Sure, Taehyun and Kai always made sure I was happy with them but spending time with Soobin was different in a way that made my heart race.
As I was thinking about him, I heard the glass doors open, signaling a customer was here. I didn't pay attention because Mr. Park was already there at the cash register.

"Yeonjun someone is here to see you"

See me? I have asked Taehyun and Kai to never show up here alone on the streets this late at night so it can't be them. And I don't have any friends except them so who?

I got up and dusted myself before walking to the front only to lock eyes with him. I can never get used to his brown eyes. He looked back at me but didn't smile which made me frown. Was everything okay? Is he hurt?

"Soobin? Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine I just wanted to talk to you" he mumbled.

"Okay let's go outside" I reached out to hold his hand and walked out, leaving a puzzled Mr. Park behind.

"Tell me, is there anything wrong? Are you hurt?"

He didn't say anything and continued looking down.

"Soobin you are scaring me! Say something!" I was about to start screaming before he looked me straight in the eyes and smiled anxiously.

"willyougooutwithme?"

"What?"

He took a deep breath before saying something I never imagined I would ever hear him say.

"Will you go out with me?"

He emphasized each word, making sure I had heard it correctly. I just stood there, not knowing how to answer. I've never dated anyone before but I was pretty sure that going out meant going on a date.

"umm..what?"

"You said I could ask for anything right? I want you to hang out with me as my reward"

Oh, so that's what he meant! And here I was hoping he meant something else.

"You came all the way here to ask me this?"

"I don't have your number"

That was correct. We never bothered to exchange numbers. "Here take my number so that you don't have to run all the way just to ask me a simple question," I said giving him my phone.

"So will you go out with me after midterms?" he said, handing me his phone.

"Yeah I'll hang out with you if that's what you want"

"You are fine with it, right? I don't wanna force you or anything"

"Hmm I do have a condition though"

"And what is it?" he sounded anxious and I chuckled. He is cute.

"You have to score at least 75% in your science exam. Deal?"

"Deal!" he grinned before running back into the darkness.

I just stood there smiling like an idiot. Gosh, Choi Soobin. What are you doing to my heart?

_________________________________________

I'm done with drafting all the remaining chapters! That means, you can expect this book to end in the next 2 weeks~

Thanks for reading <3