Chapter 30: Childhood Song

Start from the beginning

The king was observing his son's behavior.

It was really uncommon for him to see his child acting this way. Perhaps it was because he didn't pay much attention to Yohan's likes and wants and became too strict on him. He became too neglectant to him and failed to notice what the child really wanted.

Cheska has always been telling this to him but he chooses to ignore her words.

Ian watched the plump cheeks of his son while munching a cookie.

For the past three years, he only noticed it now... that his son really looks like him.

The carriage began to move. Ian averted his eyes when he found himself smiling at the appearance of his child.

No, he should act dignified in front of his child.

The reason why he is strict with Yohan wasn't just for a petty reason.

He wanted his son to be more ready for his future as a king. The weight of the crown isn't simple to handle, if he failed to shape Yohan as a great king in the future, it will only bring chaos not only just to his kingdom, but also his son.

As a person who experienced all of this. His mindset about the child's development became strict.

Yohan must get used to the responsibility as soon the possible.

When Ian was about to scold his son for his actions a while ago, an unexpected thing suddenly happened. The King became dumbfounded while staring at the child who exactly look like him.

Yohan who just finished eating one cookie suddenly hummed a familiar song.

A song that the King would never forget.

"Twinkle, twinkle little stars. How I wonder what you are."

"Up above the world so high. Like a diamond in the sky."

"Twinkle, twinkle little stars. How I wonder what you are."

The child repeatedly sings the song happily in front of the stunned king. He keeps singing until Ian recollected an old memory that happened 17 years ago. How could he forget his only childhood song?

Ian might never sing it, but he will never forget it if he heard that tune.

A pretty woman suddenly appeared in his mind.

The woman has long midnight hair. People can say that she was his first friend when he was just a child. It's a shame that he didn't have a chance to ask which family does that girl belongs but he knows that her name is 'Gabriella'.

Ian closed his blue eyes when he suddenly remembered how he asked her to marry him. It was blunt. He asked her that because she was his first friend and he doesn't want to lose his first friend, it was sad that he never saw that woman after that.

He was disappointed that he lost her and never got a chance to marry that kind and pretty lady.

But as he grows up and meets his beloved Queen. He realized that he just actually saw the pretty lady as a sister figure to him.

And he would like to meet her again.

"Where... where did you learn that song?" he suddenly asked. His voice trembled a little. Yohan who stopped singing noticed it. He noticed that there was a pure curiosity in his father's usual strict face.

Yohan slightly tilted his head while thinking for a proper answer.

"Why do you ask?" Yohan did not answer him directly.

Ian took a deep breath to calm himself. He saw what his son wanted to tell him. "You're only singing the first verse, it's not even complete," He calmly told his son. Ian raised his brows when he saw that Yohan's attention was directed at him.

The child looked curious.

"It was composed of three verses..." Ian suddenly paused. "And you only keep singing the first verse..." Yohan's stares were like asking him to sing it for him. Ian cleared his throat as he averted his gaze.

He doesn't know why but even if Yohan wasn't telling him to sing. He sang it in front of his son.

Little did they know that distance between them broke a little because of a certain song.

••••

Meanwhile:

In the land far away. At the mysterious cave of the mystical forest. There was a child-like being who was sitting on a big stone. He was currently busy thinking about the most important decision of his life.

The child-looking entity folded both of his hands while glancing on the outside.

"Go to the witch or not? Go to the witch or not?" He repeatedly asked himself. His red eyes were puffy because of his crying last night. Whenever he remembered that wicked witch he will suddenly felt fear and he just wanted to cry.

His name is Lucian, the medallion itself of the Velasquez family.

Lucian hugged his knees as he remembered that witch's angelic face. "Wuwuwu. I will really go back and took revenge on her..." He whimpered. After sulking on the corner. His cute little face became determined as he rose from his seat.

"I will go now and show her how powerful I am!" He shouted. His voice echoed from the cave which made him braver.

However, when the powerful being was about to step out of his cave, he suddenly stopped. He sat back on the big stone and hugged his knees again. "I-I'll just do it tomorrow," he said.

•••••

Hello! I just wanted to say thank you to those who greeted me on my birthday! Mwah 💕!

Anyway, here's your Chapter 30 guys!