Chapter 3: The Lyra Constellation

Start from the beginning

"Yeah!" Jay agreed. "They have a pretty epic name!"

"I just searched everything about them and they do seem to have quite an impressive list of merits," Zane added

"Exactly!" Nya said. "And I can't wait to go to the concert! I already know it's gonna be amazing."

"When's the concert?" Cole wondered.

"It's tonight!" Nya opened the album to pluck out the golden ticket that shimmered in the sunlight. "Oh no, what am I gonna wear?"

"But Nya," Zane started, his voice laden with hesitancy. "We have to go scout the city tonight for hints of the lyra constellation."

The memories of planning the next course of action last night suddenly came flooding in Nya's head like a broken dam.

It was like everything stopped in her body and shut down.

With suddenly weak legs, she dropped to the floor on her knees and took in a deep breath.

"NOOOOOOOOO!"

****

(Y/N POV)

You and the girls huddled together and slung your arms over each other's shoulders like you always did right before a performance.

The cheers from the audience had adrenaline rushing through your veins and your heart thumping heavily against your chest.

Your eyes met with your beloved friends, all of them sporting grins.

"We'll perform as we always do," you began. "With confidence and high energy. We worked very hard on this album so let's show them everything we got."

"They won't be ready for us," Faye smirked with a glint in her eyes.

"And most importantly, just have fun," you concluded.

You always emphasized having fun at concerts because being stressed while performing never turned out well.

Having fun meant leaving no regrets.

You didn't want the girls to have any concerns occupying their minds mid-show either.

You placed a hand in the center of the circle and the others followed your move.

"City of Sirens," you started the cheer.

"Let's get it!" everyone shouted together, raising your arms up to the air.

The four of you ran onto the stage after you picked up your guitar, Faye her bass, and Lynn her drumsticks.

Immediately, the crowd cheered even louder than before at the sight of your arrival on stage and you waved to them, trying to catch glimpses of their expressions through the blinding lights.

You took your place at the microphone stand at the center and shouted, "How's everyone doing tonight!"

The audience roared.

For a crowd of 50 people, they sure knew how to cheer.

"We don't want to keep you waiting any longer so let's get on with the first song! Are you ready?" your grin growing bigger after hearing another round of cheering.

Kaori began playing the melody on the keyboard and Lynn jumped in with her drumming.

You started strumming your guitar and heard Faye accompany you as the bass line.

You let the lyrics flow out of your mouth easily and allowed your mind and body to lose itself to the music completely.

Your fingers worked on autopilot and you welcomed the heavy yet excited thumping of your heart, electricity running through your veins.