𝟏

excuse any mistakes-

NOVEMBER 2012:

On some nights like these, only Egypt could think about if her parents were coming home or not.

She's been home alone for a while now and no one has checked up on her. It is a secluded area but that doesn't justify that she has family out here.

Her parents left well technically abandoned her when they both got a call. They left the house without saying a word.

That was two years ago.

I mean it is only New Orleans, and it is a small world. Movements outside stopped Egypt's drawing time as she paused her Drake playlist from her iPod.

Peaking through the blinds she saw a brownskin male who seemed to have boxes in his hands.

A new neighbour?

It was pretty dark so it was hard to see his figure but the street lamps just about did the job.

No one bothered each other in the neighbourhood she lived in they kept to themselves and called it a day.

"New neighbour, interesting." She tapped her chin.

Watching him still, she saw a glimpse of his full body. He was very unique to her.

The way his body stood tall and his legs that slightly leaned back when he walked or stood still.

She could tell he had a lot of money from the apparel he had on but, money wasn't an issue to judge someone without knowing them.

He clocked his head to her window making her jump back by his stare. He gave a sly head nod.

Seeing him going inside, she stepped away from her window and resumed her playlist.

Putting her hair up she put on her night clothes going into bed. Another night with no parents with her.

She was getting used to it at this point, they would send her money, a lot of money but having them not here was different she wanted to feel loved not spoiled.

LATER:

In the middle of the night, Egypt's doorbell rang making her groan. She sat up and rubbed her eyes heading downstairs and switching the lights on.

The doorbell rang again, "IM COMING." She yelled.

Opening the door revealed the male she saw earlier move in. He stood tall looking at Egypt up and down licking his lips.

"Is yo parents home?" He questioned as she shook her head no looking at him.

"Aye, I'm wondering if I could park my car in yo drive thru until I get my thang." He asked her as she stood there stunned by his looks.

"Lil girl, you okay?" He smirked as she blinked rapidly.

"Yea sure." She said following him out.

"Kentrell." He held out his hand,

"Egypt." She replied shaking it but still held on.  Kentrell chuckled letting go.

"Thank you tho, Egypt." He said saying her name in a seductive tone.

"It's no problem." She reassured as he parked his car. Getting out he glanced at her one more time,

"Have a goodnight." He said walking next door.

She went back inside, into her room sighing falling into her bed. She allowed sleep to take over as memories of what just happened flooded her head.