Fight.

A tear slid down her cheek.

But the small smile had not yet changed.

"But why?" I stared at the little girl that stood infront of me, who had witnessed me practically murder her father.

Yet it's as if she didn't mind a damn thing of what she just saw, she didnt even flinch or show any motive or whatever of me, only that she's just a girl.

"Why? Well of course, you saved me! But that's not all, you promised to be my kitty forever!" Shit ....I forgot that. How would I be able to do stay with her forever ?

I'm still human.

But then again, I'm still an animal.

"Fine. From now on, I am your older sister. My name is Alex Augustine and we need to get out of here. Now. " I said quickly as I caught the scent of three wolves. They were on my trail which means... trackers.

I didn't change so I completely forgot that I was talking to her naked so yeah shit bad sight for a little girl , I shifted again. My bones cracking in different places and forming into my beautiful cheetah.

I did the same action of when I needed her to get on my back, she got on with less trouble and I held my bag between my jaws and canines carefully not to rip it out.

And I ran. With her small shrieks it was bound to catch the wolves attention yet I had the advantage; speed.

From a distance I saw the end of the forest and the lights of the city starting to become brighter as I ran forward, Emma started to giggle as I took the first step onto the road and than she shrieked once I sprinted straight home that she almost fell off my back. Oops.

I made my way to Maple St. safely and I hurriedly got in through the front door and shifted, not caring that I was nude since I live alone now with Emma.

"Emma, come with me so you could choose your room. " I looked at her and saw that she still has her mouth open and tears welling up from her eyes as she stared at my house.

"THIS PLACE IS SOOO COOL!" ok what?

Sighing. I looked in the bag and changed into my camo cargo pants and white tank top and held her hand while walking up Mt. Everest and finally reaching up to the third floor of where all the master and all the mixed rooms like the theatre, game room, workout room, and a library.

The guests rooms were on the second floor an I'm pretty sure Emma wouldn't like those rooms since they look too mature well for her age. I stopped at the room beside me and opened it while Emma ran inside and examined everything.

"You like?" I gave a small smile and raised a brow.

"Hmmm ....next one please !"

"Alright, over here. " I pointed at the door on the opposite side of the hall and waited for another shriek of death but instead she just walked in and fell asleep on the bed ?

Wow she must've been tired, well it is prettttyyy late.

I took out my phone and called Marcus, hoping he would pick up and he did.

"Hello?" I heard on the line.

"Hey Marcus...uhm I'm gonna need your help with something. "

"Oh God what'd you do this time?"

" I'm some sort of guardian for this girl now and I was hop-"

"Wait, you took in a responsible task? Alone?" I heard him laugh.

"Just get over here."

"Coming. "

And then he hung up.