𝟎𝟐𝟎. the date

━━━━˚🐺👑🌹⋆˚━━━━
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗢𝗟𝗙 𝟮

━━━━⋆。˚🐺👑🌹⋆。˚━━━━❝ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗢𝗟𝗙 𝟮 ❞

❝𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞❞

{THIRD PERSON POV}

Back in Auradon, Ben and Blake were having their picnic date.

"Would you like a hot hors d'oeuvre?" Blake asked Ben as he held one out.

"Yes, please," Ben said, leaning forward as Blake fed him, "Mm, this is the best thing I've ever had."

"You like it?" Blake asked Ben.

"I more than like it," Ben told Blake as he grabbed another one, "I double like it," They both laughed, "This is amazing."

"Did I surprise you?" Blake asked Ben.

"Oh, yeah, you surprised me," Ben told Blake, "This is every single dish Mrs. Potts made for my parents. What, it took you three days?"

"Uh, you know, don't even ask me," Blake laughed.

"Yeah, well, it means a lot that you stopped and did all this for me," Ben told Blake, "Especially with all the craziness you've been put through. I've missed you," Ben slowly started to stroke Blake's cheek, "We don't get much time to be just us anymore."

"I know," Blake said before wiping some food off of Ben's face as they laughed.

"You can't take me anywhere, right?" Ben jokes, causing Blake to laugh since he had said that on their first date, "Do you have a napkin or something?"

"I do. I packed some," Blake told Ben as Ben reached to look in the basket, "I think, I stowed them away," Blake tried to stop Ben from reaching in the basket, "I can grab them."

"What's this?" Ben asked Blake as he pulled Blake's spell book.

"I, uh, actually threw that in there super last minute in case it rained or..." Blake lied as Ben opened his spell book.

"Speed reading spell," Ben read aloud before flipping to a page, "Blonde hair spell," Then Ben flipped to a page which caused him to look at Blake in shock, "...Cooking spell," He closed the spell book, "And I was giving you props for fitting in so well. For doing your best."

"Take back this moment that has passed, return it-" Blake paused since he forgot the spell, "Reverse it."

"Are you trying to spell me right now?" Ben asked, angrily as he stood up.

"Ben, it's just been so hard," Blake tried to defend himself.

"Yeah, some things are hard," Ben's voice slightly rose to anger, "Do you think learning to be King has been easy for me?"

"No, I just-" Blake exclaimed.

"I thought we were doing this together," Ben reminded Blake.

"Ben, we are in this together," Blake assured Ben as he stood up from the table.

"But we're not, Blake. We're not," Ben told Blake, "Y-you've been keeping secrets and lying to me. I thought we were done with that... This isn't the Isle of the Lost, Blake."

"Yeah, believe me, I know that!" Blake finally snapped.

"Then why are you doing this?" Ben asked Blake.

"Because..." Blake started, "Ben, I'm not a prince. I'm not some pretty, perfect prince Ben. I use that spell book for everything I am pressured to do. You already have a boyfriend on the wrong side of the bridge, I didn't want to embarrass you, make you look like some fool, who's lover can't even memorize everything I need to know. The media is constantly up my tail, asking me questions and it's always the same thing. They're constantly reminding me about cotillion, me being Gentlemen of the Court, how I'm the most luckiest boy in all of Auradon, and how everyone wants to be me. Ever since we chose good, I've been trying to be that for you, Ben, yet everywhere I look there are people shoving a camera in my face, asking me if I really am good and not going to eat you alive. I'm not a prince, I'm a beast. Not one that will magically turn into a perfect handsome prince, one that will stay a beast forever. I'm a big... fake, okay?" Blake sighed, "I'm fake. This is fake," Blake pointed at his hair, "This is fake," Blake pointed at the food before grabbing his spell book and opened a page, "Take this feast, this sumptuous meal, return it back to what is real," Blake then waved his fingers, then all the delicious food turned into a single piece of peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk, "This is who I really am, Ben."

Blake started to walk past Ben, "Blake," Ben tried to grab Blake's arm.

"No, no," Blake said as he walked away.

Ben then took the peanut butter and jelly, "Peanut butter and Jelly is my favorite!" Ben called out to Blake but Blake was long gone.

Ben threw the sandwich on the plate, he sighed as he looked out onto the lake.

What is he gonna do now?