Chapter 37

Nathan's POV

It's been two days since we came here to Miami, Florida. Yesterday afternoon was my paternal aunt's son's wedding and later reception party in the evening. Since we had not been on a vacation for quite a long time, my dad kind of forced me to attend this wedding as well as take some time off from work. He very well knows managing the post of CEO and maintaining the company's reputation as number one is not an easy task. I had a meeting with Mr McGregor regarding the new project which I am planning to launch in a few months. It was scheduled two months later but I requested him to prepone it and much to my luck, he accepted it.

Two hours later the meeting was done and the deal was finalised. My parents wanted to stay for some more days to spend quality family time but Liam wasn't adapting to the climatic change well and was behaving fuzzy. I decided to leave for New York today itself and informed my parents to enjoy themselves here. After packing all my luggage, me and Liam went to the airport where my private jet was waiting for us. Liam seemed to be a bit calm now.

"Liam.....are you feeling alright now baby ?" I asked him in a soft voice.

"Yesssww Papa." He replied in small tired voice while playing with the buttons of my shirt.

I patted his head to which he replied by nuzzling his face in my chest. He yawned twice and looked at me with his droopy eyes. I chuckled looking at his adorable face and said,

"Sleep for sometime baby."

He formed his lips in a small pout and shook his head in no.

"No dada.....Liam will play not slweep."

"Buddy we will play when you are done resting okay ?" I told him in a soft voice trying to coax him to sleep.

He again shook his head stubbornly and said,

"Firswt play and then slweep." He demanded in his adorable baby voice.

Laughter bubbled in my throat listening his baby voice stubbornly demanding me.

"Okay baby how about if you sleep right now I'll get you your favourite cookies." I told him while tickling his sides to which he giggled.

His eyes sparked with glee hearing cookies. He kept his hands on chin pretending to think about my offer which he once saw Aria was doing when I told her that we will have dinner together to tease me.

I tickled his sides and nudged his nose with mine with a smile on my face.

"I agreee papaaaaa" He said giggling loudly.

I stopped tickling him and rubbed his back while kissing his crown of head knowing he likes it very much when I do so. He placed his head on my shoulder once he calmed down after his giggling session. In no time he was sleeping peacefully. I went to the bedroom of the private jet and laid him on the bed. I decided to take some rest as well and cuddled him on my chest.

He fisted the collar of my shirt in his tiny fist and nuzzled his head in my chest while a small smile came on his lips subconsciously in his sleep. I kissed his chubby cheeks and felt immense love and protectiveness in me looking at my little man.

When I held him the very first time and looked at his face to see him smile at me; I knew I would do everything in my power to protect his precious smile. Handling fatherhood alone is not at all easy but one precious smile of his towards me makes my whole day. Thinking about this I didn't know when sleep overtook me.

Two hours later

Hearing knocks on the door as well as the pilot's announcement woke me up. Liam was still asleep on my chest. I took him and sat on the recliner after buckling the seatbelt as we were about to land in a few minutes. I ordered coffee to clear my head as I was still feeling sleepy.