Chapter thirty-two

Start from the beginning

I supposed some people would say I was being a little dramatic over my brother. But he was my brother, my little brother, the only sort of responsibility I had and I knew my brother, and I knew something wasn't right.

It didn't help that my parents seemed to be the root of the issue, it just made my patience all the much worse.

A noise of a bottle smashing drew my eyes from the black cobble bouncing beneath my feet, in a small alley way a group of teenage boys laughed loudly, their clouded breath visible even through the dark.

I turned my back more towards them as I passed, not quickening my pace, just making myself seem less visible.

Their laughter quietened, though. And a stroke of unease slid down my back. Shit.

Hushed voices echoed as footsteps dully padded behind me.

I tilted my head slighty, my eyes drifting over my shoulder to see one of them stood behind me.

My heart beat quickened slightly, my breaths coming slightly faster. Might as well face my problems face up, though.

I turned to him and his body almost crashed into mine as I stopped my movement.

That made him angry, it seemed as his eyebrows drew low as his friends appeared behind him.

I quickly flickered my eyes between them, five. There was five of them. I squared my shoulders.

"What have you got in them pockets?" He questioned. Pretty much immediately stating what he wanted as one of them, not much taller then me began to position himself behind me.

Thieves. They were thieves. I could easier get out of that.

The main perpetrator stepped forward. "Hm?" He asked louder this time. "A phone maybe? Money? Give it me."

I stared at him, unsure how to go about the situation.

"Are you fucking deaf or so-"

A right hook to his face was my instinct at the time. He stumbled back, his face a picture of disgust as he clutched at his face. I hoped it would bruise.

His friend behind me tore down my hood and dragged me too him, My breaths came out shallow. I shouldn't of punched him. Shit. I just made it worse."Get the fuck off me!"

"It speaks!" The one clutching his face laughed, shrugging off his friends. Anger and frustration lacing his tone.

I struggled in the grip of the male behind me, managing to free myself by an inch.

I leaned back on him and kicked his knee "Shit!" He gritted out as he stumbled slightly.

I tugged his arm from my hoodie, but I was not in luck as the man in front of me grapped either side of my hood and clutched it tightly, his knuckles going white with force. I'd made him too angry. Fucking stupid.

He brought me up to his face. "All I wanted was anything valuable." He spat. I was spun and shoved to the ground.

The cold bite of the pavement sunk into my hands but it wasn't felt, and it sank deeper as I immediately began trying to hoist myself from the ground.

A nod from the ring leader sent one of his friends crouching next to me.

His dirty hand wrapped around my mouth as he dragged me back to the ground.

"Now I am going to have to do something that wasn't needed."

The peacefull silence of the night now turned blatantly loud in my ears as I twisted my head back and forth to free my mouth of his grip. He just held tighter, especially when I started my attack with my arms, hitting his arms and wrist hard enough to bruise. He just grunted in annoyance.