Chapter 2: Sky Archer

I was the archer, but the arrow is in your hands.

         When I arrived at my studio, an almost finished painting on the canvas was placed in the middle

         When I arrived at my studio, an almost finished painting on the canvas was placed in the middle. I took a seat in front of it and carefully placed my things on the table beside me. The different colors that range from pale to radiant paint were stacked on the box I bought to store them, probably to stop them from going missing from time to time, which I cannot really stop from happening. The room is a monotone black-and-white combination of furniture, including an oddly messy white office table where I do my sketches, a 2-meter drawer where I put my other materials, and my canvas stand and a stool in front of it. It also has one single window facing the east.

    This is my world. A world where I can make something I desire the most using colors and strokes—this was my escape.

    I took the brush and slightly pressed it into my palm. But my mind still wanders over what happened earlier.

    Okay lang kaya siya?

    Then my eyes went to the sunflower in my bag. I took a deep breath and took the flower. Inilagay ko ito sa isang malinis na water container na pinaglalagyan ko ng mga brush.

    "Lana?" A knock from the door snapped me out of my reality. It was Rysha, my friend. "Busy ka ba? Wala pa kasi si Eia."

    "Hindi naman masyado. Tinatapos ko lang itong isang commission sa akin."

    "Perfect. Tulungan mo muna ako sa labas, please!"

    "Oh, sige. Wait lang, i-message ko muna si Eia." Rysha just nodded and went back to the café.

    Marami nga ang tao, maybe because it's early and people tend to grab some coffee before going to work or school. And so, I busied myself serving coffees just to not think about everything that had happened. Luckily, two hours have passed, but we are already making half the daily quota. "Blockbuster tayo ngayon ha. Infairness."

    I just smiled, took a teacup, and started to brew the coffee beans.

    "Alam mo kung nasaan si Eia? Hindi niya sinasagot ang tawag ko."

    Ry smiled and slightly shook her head, ibinalik niya rin ang ilan sa mga ginamit na mga racks at naglinis ng counter. "Hindi rin sa akin nag message kung saan siya pupunta ngayon. But she told me na pupuntahan ka daw niya."

    Eia is one of our close friends and the sole owner of this café, known as Midnight Tea. She's been my best friend since the day she approached me during my treatment.

    And since that day, she's the only one I have. She supported all my paintings and even made my studio an extension of her café. Kasi sabi niya, coffee lover are people who wants a temporary peace, and paintings are the chaos in peace to balance it out. For them to feel peace, but still in touch with the chaos.