i don't want them to die

Depuis le début

Tommy shrugged, "hey, an emergency sleepover with Ranboo is a good excuse, my guy's going through a breakup."

"What now?" Ranboo's eyes snapped up to meet Tommy's.

"Come on big man, you can use literally the same excuse."

"This is gonna take more than a day, you know that, right?"

"... fair enough."

Joel coughed, "Or we could use some magic,"

"Joel!" Lizzie smacked her husband's arm. "No magic."

"Yeah let's not do that-" Purpled agreed, "I can just... go home? I'll be fine, I swear. I won't say anything. I can call in sick for a few days and Jack doesn't know where I live."

The four adults in the room looked at each other, "That's... fine." Jordan settled, "How about you, Tommy?"

"That works for me as well, worse case scenario, I have knives."

"Let's... no knives." Niki laughed awkwardly. "But do stay safe." She clasped her hand in the other. "Please."

The two boys nodded, "Of course."

"I'll drive them back," Niki stood up, reaching for her keys, "You guys figure it out."

The three left, Lizzie and Joel walking them out to the door, waving goodbye as Jordan put a hand on his son figure's shoulder, rubbing softly to comfort the boy. "You two holding on alright?" He turned to Ranboo and I.

We both smiled thinly and nodded, "Yeah."

"Good." Jordan stood up, "It's about to get a lot worse."

The words sent shivers down my spine.

"Can you guys hold a sword?"

"What now?" Ranboo raised a brow.

"A sword."

"Can we have guns?" I asked, half serious.

Jordan hesitated, "Well we'd need special guns with a certain type of bullet because normal bullets ain't going to cut it."

"Why not?" Ranboo raised a brow.

"Because normal metal doesn't do anything to us." Jordan laughed awkwardly "Only some certain metal works."

"Oh." I muttered, "Wait, what if we were shot by a normal gun?"

"It'll just phase through us." Joel explained, coming back to take a seat. "I've been shot more than you'd think- humans are dumb."

"Well they didn't know that we're not affected by them, Joel." His wife hit the man upside his head. "They don't even know we exist."

"Fine fine," the man put his hands up in defeat, "Whatever you say, dear."

Lizzie smirked in her victory as she spoke again. "We do have guns, by the way. I don't have one right now because- well, I can't bring it just anywhere."

"We have some at the cafe though." Joel interrupted.

Ah yes, why was that sentence so casual, Joel?

"I'm getting old- I didn't know that we have guns." Jordan admitted as his adoptive son laughed. "Don't laugh, Tubs."

"You're a fossil."

"Whatever." The man rolled his eyes, "So is it possible to get your hands on them?"

Lizzie and Joel nodded. "By tomorrow morning."

"Good, you three," He looked to the rest of us, and I tensed for my next instructions. "Get some rest."

"What?" I heard Tubbo mutter, "Shouldn't we get ready or whatever-"