Chapter 38: Masquerade Ball

Start from the beginning

Hunter rolls his eyes. "Come in. He's the room farthest to left, and shut the fuck up normal people sleep at this hour."

"Oh I'm sorry." She says quietly.

"Don't apologize, Hunter's just not in a good mood. Speaking of Hunter, go sleep buddy instead of being rude to her." I say, pushing Hunter away from the door and towards the stairs. "You can come in!" I say, smiling at Makayla.

"Amber lock the door, and don't fucking do something stupid." Hunter says, walking upstairs.

"Noted." I say, closing and locking the door as Makayla walks inside.

"I really am sorry if I woke you up, I genuinely didn't know what to do. You probably think I'm crazy, but I..." she says, nervously.

"I think no such thing! It's great that you woke me up, I need to get ready for the masquerade anyways. Would you like some water?" I say, going into the kitchen.

"No thank you." She smiles back.

"Ok then, you go to NYU? Right?" I say, grabbing myself a water bottle.

"Yes! I'm a freshman. Psychology major." She answers.

"Fun! I'm a fashion major. Oh and I'm Amber, by the way!" I say, laughing at how I forgot to introduce myself.

"That's a very pretty name! I'm Makayla." She says, smiling brightly.

"Thank you! You can go see Jordan upstairs if you want, warning he's very cranky in the mornings. But he knows you so you should be fine." I joke.

She laughs. "So are you and the guy earlier together?"

"Hunter? Oh no. I'm roommates with Alice and Lizzy and they're friends with the boys." I laugh.

"Alice Hendrix?"

I nod.

"Oh, she's in my ethics class." She adds.

We continue talking, shortly after I show her the way to Jordan's room before making my way to Jayden's.

He's still asleep, I lay my head on his chest and pull the covers over us. His arms go around my waist as he pulls me closer.

"Where'd you go?" He mumbles.

"I went to see my husband." I joke.

"Shut up." He says, sleepily.

"You asked." I add.

He falls back asleep, I continue watching the sun rise from the bed, while doing my phone.

At around 7am I get out of bed and go take a shower, I brush my teeth and do my skincare. And decided to wear Jayden's hoodie with a pair of my Nike pros.

"Wake up!!" I say jumping on top of Jayden.
..........................................

"Who is she?" Alice whispers as we both look at Makayla sitting on the couch by herself.

"That's Makayla." I whisper back.

"Why is she here?"

"She's Jordan's date." I answer, before flipping a pancake.

"Lord help that girl. Let me guess, she thinks Jordan wants anything to do with her?"

"Does he not?" I ask, already feeling so bad for her.

"Nope he's literally just fucking her." She states.

"Oh my god."

"But it's not his fault. He tells the girls that he's a 'no feelings' type of guy, now if they wanna 'fix him' that's on them." She shrugs.