Chapter 8

Harry's POV

"Harry, wake up, mate!"

"Is he still sleeping!?"

"Yeah, he won't even budge!"

"Oh, move over!"

I just had a moment to brace myself before I heard Ginny's voice murmur. "Augumenti," and a jet of cool water hit me in the face. It dripped down my forehead and dribbled onto my front, leaving a cold trail in its wake. Quickly sitting up in the four poster bed in the dorm, I wiped the water of my face with a groan.

"Really, Gin?" I asked. But I couldn't hide the smile that was forming on my lips at the sight of her. Her firry hair was swept into a braid at the side of her head and she was wearing a lose blue shirt that has the name of a muggle book on it. I guessed it was Hermione's. it said; The Fault In Our Stars on the front.

"You know you're glad to see me," she grinned and I smiled. If I got my way, I'd want to wake up to this everyday. Except the water of course. Ron cleared his throat and handed me my glasses.

"Come on," he said. "Hermione's waiting in the hospital wing. We're going to go get her and have breakfast."

"We're heading off to London after that," Ginny added. Ron sighed exasperatedly.

"No, we are going to Hogsmeade first." Ginny rolled her eyes and turned around.

"Ron, if you think going to a sweetshop while we could be doing something that actually matters is going to help you get Hermione back, you're wrong. That will mess up our schedule and she won't like it." That shut him up.

He nodded his head and looked down at the carpet of our dormitory with a saddened expression crossing his face, and Ginny sighed. "She'll come round, Ron," she whispered, patting his shoulder. He shook his head.

"You saw her yesterday. She doesn't even want to talk to me. When you said I picked the chocolates out, did you see her face? She was hurt."

Ginny looked at me reproachfully and I hastily added. "Ron, er, you just need to give her time. She'll start talking to you soon, mate." His shoulders slumped and he muttered.

"Doesn't look like it." I cleared my throat uneasily.

"Well, let's go down then, shall we?" After putting on a clean clothes, I made my way down to the common room from where we went off to the hospital wing. When we got there, Hermione was sitting opposite Madame Pomfrey ar her desk, listening attentively as she explained all her medication timings to her. Her bandages had all been cleared away from her body, and her bushy brown hair was frizzy.

"And take this before going to sleep. It's a Calming Draught," Madam Pomfrey was explaining, holding up a vial that had a clear blue liquid inside it.

"Okay," replied Hermione, standing up and stretching. Her face looked rosier and her voice was lighter too.

"Are you sure you'll remember all that?" she nodded her head quickly. "You can owl me anytime too."

"Thanks," Hermione replied with a smile of her own. We walked up behind her and she happily turned around.

"Ready to get out of here?" I asked her, grinning broadly.

"You bet I am," she replied, getting up and joining us.

"Can you walk properly mow?" Ginny asked and Hermione chuckled and said.

"Yeah, of course I can." She walked across the room, towards her bed where her handbag was lying. Throwing its strap over one shoulder, she joined us as we walked to the doors, Ron trailing a little behind us.