Part 7- Keefe

https://findtheinvisiblecow.com/

I woke up to a loud crash. Many loud crashes. It had been two weeks since Sophie's fainting. And she's still asleep. And I'm still staying in the Healing Center. In the same cot. Next to Sophie's. There wasn't much to do, and I haven't left the Healing Center since Foster has been here. Elwin is fine with it, he just thinks its really unhealthy. 

I normally draw. Well, draw Sophie. I've drawn some other things, like one time last Tuesday I drew Sophie, Grady and Edaline. And last Friday I drew her with me. Otherwise it's just her. 

Everybody has checked in, mostly Sophie. But they also visit me too, everyone except Fitz. He hasn't been here for 2 weeks. He started dating this girl from Foxfire he knew, Jaylee. She was a Flasher. Stupid of her to fall for his tricks. 

I got up from the cot, and walked drowsily to Elwin's lab. I stood in the doorway until Elwin noticed me stalking there. "Oh hey sleepy head!" hey cheered. I looked at the clock above his desk. 10:56. (pssh-weak) 

I give a half hearted smile and turn back to Elwin. "So...what's new in the Elwin Cave?"

Elwin have a half-hearted chuckle, and dropped a blue tablet into a green vial. The liquid started to boil, and Elwin dropped a pink syrup in, which caused it to cool down. The thick elixir turned a shade of pinky-orange. Similar to salmon, but a more saturated orange. 

"Oh nothing, just something that should wake up Sophie. 'should' as in it should, but I don't know."

"Wait, really?" I questioned. I ran over to the table, and examined that bottle. It smelled like fresh Mallowmelt, and I couldn't stop sniffing it. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Elwin look over and gently smile. (How I'm imagine this scene- HELP I NEED FANART)

"I call it Ambrosia."

I look over to Elwin. "Ambrosia," I chuckled. "that's what you decided to name it?"

(You know what it is, my fellow PJO fangirls/Fanboys, yes I know its not liquid but this would just work better)

Elwin glared, and continued to work on the Ambrosia. I sighed and walked over to Sophie and sat on the edge of her bed. Sophie's hair was tossled, and knotted up.  She had a trickle of drool forming in the corner of her mouth. She looked dead in her sleeping position. Her hands fer flung above her head, and he legs were in the position like she was running. Her sheets were matted up and thrown everywhere, even though she hasn't moved. 

I flopped down on my cot next to Sophie's and layed down. My arms spread out and I felt a cold surface sticking out between the mattress and base. I pulled the small metal out of the crack and sat up. It was a prattles pin! But-

Krakie

I smiled softly, remembering the memory. I ran my fingers over the tentacles of Krackie's body, and chuckled remembering The Great Fitzphie Ooozfest 

I wonder how long he's been here 

A long time

Probably a bajillion years

No idiot it's been 6 years

Or something like that.  I thought.

"Keefe," Elwin called

I turned my head towards Elwin. He was leaning in the doorway, the lab cleaned up and tidy behind him. 

"Hmm?" locking eyes with the doctor. 

"You ok?"

"What-"

"Don't deny it Keefe."

I faked being confused. Don't deny your depressed. Don't deny you still love her. Don't deny you know she doesn't love you back. "Deny what?"

"Don't play stupid Keefe,"

I rolled my eyes. "Did you really confess?"

I continued playing Stupid, ignoring Elwin's request. "Confess wha-"

"Keefe"

I scoffed. "Yes" 

I could hear a little quite "oh" from Elwin. I know he was thinking about asking if it went well, but based on the evidence we have, it obviously didn't. 

"What did she say before she fainted?" 

I scoffed again. "Nothing," 

"Hmm..." Elwin stalked over to Sophie's cot and took a vial of the liquid out of his coat pocket. He uncorked the lid with a loud: pop!

He lifted up Sophie's body upward, and poured the liquid down her throat. 

"We'll see if it works!"

I looked over to beaming Elwin. "What do we do now?" I questioned. 

"We wait." 

-time skippidty 2 hours-

I was playing around with my sketchbook when I heard a faint rustle from beside me. My head shot towards Sophie's cot. She was moving! 

"Elwin! Come quick!" I shouted. 

The doctor rushed into the room, holding a pen in his mouth. He took it out, and shoved it in his pocket. Elwin walked up to Sophie, kneeling down on the ground. I was sitting on the side of my cot, about to fall off. 

"Foster?" I whispered softly.

A little more rustling. 

Then a the beautiful brown eyes I've been dreaming of fluttered open. 

"Keefe?" 

MWHAHAHAHAHAH IM SO SORRY I COULDN'T UPDATE SOONER IM SO BUSY IM SO SORRY PEACE