※Chapter four:The agonizing※

The panic within the clan spread as they all saw Plainstar..The leader laid on his side with blood pouring out his jaws,blood mixed within mucus dripped down from his nose and his eyes widened but were now blank and cold,he laid going cold and only the heavy breaths of terrified cats bristled his fur. "Oh my starclan..." Clearpaw murmured in dismay,her white ears held back and breaths in sharp gasps. "..We will hold a grieving for Plainstar,Quiet'Owl take his body outside in the clearing." Sun'Meadows ordered,the ocean of cats separated to let Quiet'Owl through,the muscular Tom picked the lifeless leader by his scruff and carried him out into the clearing. The flood of cats rushed into the clearing,all nudging their noses into the leaders flank and grieving. Sun'Meadows sat down near highrock,she noticed Weeping'Willow had a cold face with eyes of alarm,dismay and disappear. For some reason it was hard to figure out wether the deputy,soon to be leader was thinking about her kin rather than the death of her leader. Sun'Meadows watched as Weeping'Willow turned away from the leaders body and leaped upon highrock,letting out a loud yowl that summoned more cats into the clearing,all looking up in silence. "Cats of all ages,cats of windclan." Weeping'Willow meowed loud and clear before continuing,"Plainstar has passed onto starclan," Weeping'Willow waited until the saddened yowls came to a end. "Plainstar was an honorable leader but it is my time to step up as leader,I will travel to mothermouth but I will need a deputy to watch the clan and to be leader when I pass." Weeping'Willow announced,scanning the clearing and locking eyes with one muscular Tom. "Quiet'Owl,I've noticed you are an honorable warrior the pure strength of a tiger along with the smarts of a Jaguar. Will you protect and serve your clan until you pass to starclan,will you become an honorable leader?" Weeping'Willow narrowed her eyes but Quiet'Owl didn't flinch. "Yes,I will serve as the honorable and swift cat starclan has destined me to be." Quiet'Owl responded,Weeping'Willow smiled and nodded. "Then by starclans destiny,you will be windclans deputy and one day leader. I hope starclan approves my choice." Weeping'Willow smiled and dipped her head,the she leaped off highrock and out the camp tunnel toward mothermouth. "Congratulations!" Sun'Meadows smiled and padded up to the new deputy,his muscles rippled under his pelt and his eyes shone in the dimming sunlight. "Thank you,Sun'Meadows. It's sad that Plainstar has gone but I'm sure Weeping'Willow will be as honorable as Plainstar." Quiet'Owl smiled and licked the medicine cats ear affectionately. I'm not sure she'll be as honorable as Plainstar but she'll do..Sun'Meadows thought quietly,keeping her opinion to herself. The two cats chatted with the other cats within the clan,the only time the deputy separated from the conversations was when he buried Plainstar. The sun had dipped long ago when Sun'Meadows settled down in her den,Spring'Rose had already shown to be fit to leave so the medical cat settled down in Spring'Roses bed.
Sun'Meadows awoke at sun break and greeted Weeping'Willow,whom was now Weeping'Star. Sun'Meadows felt uneasy when she saw the cold look in Weeping'Stars eyes but dismissed the feeling for a bit. It was sun high when Weeping'Star called a clan meeting,"Cats old enough to catch prey for themselves,gather around highrock!" Weeping'Star yowled,the next announcement the new leader made would send shivers down Sun'Meadows spine. "I've come to the conclusion to declare war on Riverclan! That horrid clan has a daring leader whom is harming their apprentices!" Weeping'Star yowled,standing up with her tail thrashing,eyes narrowed,hackles raised and ears pinned. Quiet'Owl sat on deputy rock with widened eyes,he gasped along with the other cats of the clan..To Sun'Meadows it seemed like Weeping'Star hadn't spoken to her deputy about her thoughts at all! "But..Weeping'Star! We've just gone into a war with Riverclan,there's no reason for another war!" Outlook'Meadows piped up,her eyes widened in alarm. "Are you fighting with the words of starclan!?" Weeping'Star hissed,Sun'Meadows tensed because the leader looked as if she was going to leap onto Outlook'Meadows! "No,I'm sorry.." Outlook'Meadow meowed,looking down and shuffling her paws nervously. "I will send..Daisyfog to deliver our message to Riverclan!" Weeping'Star yowled,her tail thrashing faster and faster,her shoulders tensed. "But Daisyfog is a elder! It's along journey from here to Riverclans camp,plus what happens if a Riverclan cat attacks Daisyfog!?" Sun'Meadows mistakenly opened her jaws,her eyes widened in panic. "Good point,Sun'Meadows.." Weeping'Star thought for a moment before continuing,"We shall raid that fish smelling camp!" Weeping'Star screeched,her claws unleashing. "Oh no.." Sun'Meadows murmured to herself,the thought of this war was not good! Then Sun'Meadows realized..Weeping'Star is going to raid Riverclans camp just to steal Cedarpaw! Sun'Meadows growled in rage. What good leader would do this!? "We will go now!!" Weeping'Star declared,all the warriors heaved themselves up with pure anxiety,Quiet'Owl stood and Weeping'Star leaped off Highrock. "Sun'Meadows,you come along! We will need all the cats we can get to fight!" Weeping'Star padded to the medical cat,"What if one of the apprentices get hurt while playing?" Sun'Meadows meowed in defiance. "They won't because all apprentices are coming to fight,all ages are coming!" Weeping'Star yowled,queens cried but gathered their kins up. "Follow me!" Weeping'Star yowled,all the cats of windclan followed their leader out into their territory.
By sundown the large group of cats reached the Riverclan camp,the cats quietly stalked into the camp from all directions. Sun'Meadows heart shattered a bit when she saw the Riverclan cats going on with their lives,unaware of the malicious war that was quietly approaching them. The Riverclan cats were gathered up in a clan meeting,a normal one about newly made apprentices and a celebration about a new litter of kits,Plainstar suddenly let out a loud yowl that echoed across the camp..None of the Riverclan cats had time to think when Plainstar pounced onto the deputy,all the warriors,apprentices,elders,queens attacked the unknowning Riverclan cats. The once peaceful camp turned into a land of screeches,spitting,hisses,growls,blood splatter and lost fur. Sun'Meadows tumbled over feeling a agonizing pain in her shoulder blades,she got the strength and leaped into the air and landing on her back-..Crushing Murkystar whom had attached herself to the medicine cats back,Murkystar yowled in pain and bit into the back medicine cats throat. Sun'Meadows sprang forward,throwing Murkystar into Wetrock and throwing her unconscious. Sun'Meadows grunted in pain and ran towards PaddlePebble whom was pinning Quiet'Owl,The Molly swiftly landed on the Riverclan toms back and clawed his back all the way down to his muscles. Quiet'Owl grabbed the Tom by his tail and yanked it just for the revenge because the Riverclan Tom had left a small claw mark on his nose,PaddlePebble yowled in agony and the two cats dropped him,he fell to the ground and went unconscious. Sun'Meadows heart ached when she saw the Tom whom was her friend,laying unconscious but she pushed it aside and bolted toward Clearpaw whom was cornered by two Riverclan warriors,MinnowReef and ShallowShade. Sun'Meadows screeched and bolted into Shallowshades side,knocking her down and she knocked her fellow clan mate-..MinnowReef down. Sun'Meadows glared at Clearpaw and quickly the young apprentice clawed the two warriors stomaches,Sun'Meadows finished the job by scaring them with a strike to the stomaches. The two warriors yowled in pain and raced off,Sun'Meadows kept Clearpaw close to her and spotted Weeping'Star pinning MinnowReef down. Sun'Meadows eyes widened when she saw her leader strike her jaws into MinnowReefs neck,the Tom staggered down to the ground and went unconscious. Quickly Weeping'Star grabbed Cedarpaw by the scruff,he yowled and clawed at the windclan leader but was no match for the Molly's strength. The Riverclan cats seemed to abandon their young apprentice,when Weeping'Star carried him in her jaws and he screeched his curses to her no Riverclan cat went to save him. All the Riverclan cats had retreated to their own dens in terror,leaving the camp deserted and filled with windclan cats. "We shall return home." Weeping'Star yowled through the scruff of her kin,all the windclan cats retreated out the Riverclan camp along with Weeping'Star. I knew Weeping'Star would snatch her kin! I just knew it.. Sun'Meadows heart went in flames when her concerns about her leaders thoughts had become reality.
All the Windclan cats returned to their camp,none were seriously injured. "Cats of windclan! Gather around highrock!" Weeping'Star yowled,the light of the moon made her brown fur shiny,all her exhausted cats gathered around with questioning looks as they spotted the Riverclan apprentice upon highrock near Weeping'Star. The young apprentice thrashed his tail and his eyes narrowed,"This is Cedarpaw,he will be a prisoner until he is trusted. He is still of apprentice age therefore he will stay an apprentice,I will be his mentor and I will train him in camp." Weeping'Star announced,though all the cats still had questioning looks they kept silent. "I don't wish to stay! Your cats smell of dead rats!" Cedarpaw spat at Weeping'Star,his tail thrashing faster and faster and crouching down like he was going to leap at the windclan leader. "You don't smell to pleasant your self." Weeping'Star retorted,Cedarpaw hissed at the Molly but kept himself on the highrock. "Clan dismissed,get rest." Weeping'Star demanded,leaping down high rock with Cedarpaw in her jaws and she carried the yowling apprentice into her den. Dear starclan..has weeping'star lost her dignity?! Sun'Meadows thought,stalking back to her medicine den and falling to sleep quickly.
Sun'Meadows awoke to Quiet'Owl pressed against her flank,grooming the Molly's flank affectionately. "Ah,nice to see your awake.." Quiet'Owl murmured. The rest of the day went on fine,though Cedarpaw brought attention from the cats of windclan they ignored the screeching apprentice. The few moons went past fine,Starclan sent no signs to Sun'Meadows and it was the night of the gathering. Though Sun'Meadows had felt a horrid stomach ach for the past moon she ignored it,the gathering went normal. For an odd reason Riverclan and Windclan kept silence and were distance from each other,nothing about Cedarpaw was spoken of it was like Riverclan forgot about their missing apprentice. Sun'Meadows finally took her stomach aches into consideration and realized..she had gotten a litter of kits from Quiet'Owl! Immediately the medicine cat ran to her good friend,Siamese'Stroke whom was also pregnant. "Siamese'Stroke..I think I'm pregnant!" Sun'Meadows whispered to the Siamese she when the warrior den was deserted at Sun high. "I see..your breaking warrior code,Sun'Meadows. Who is the Tom?" Siamese'Stroke halfway scolded the medicine cat,"I'm positive the Tom is Quiet'Owl.." Sun'Meadows mewed,panic in her eyes. "Alright,you look like a nervous reck. When do you expect the kits?" Siamese'Stroke whispered,grooming Sun'Meadows prickled pelt. "I'm thinking about a week..What do I do when the clan finds out!?" Sun'Meadows replied,she shivered in dismay. "Well,we are kitting at the exact same time. Tell the leader you and me are going out to collect herbs,we will kit in an abandoned fox den but when we return we will say the kits are mine." Siamese'Stroke explained,Sun'Meadows sighed of relief and nodded. Luckily the orange Molly hadn't gained much weight at all and no cats were suspicious. Sun'Meadows retreated out the warriors den and found Quiet'Owl,she spoke with him and explained about the kitting situation with him alone;He understood and comforted the new queen.
The next few days went past calmly,no cats knew or suspected the Molly. Sun'Meadows had traveled to every clan and treated them of the horrid virus,the virus dipped down to extinction because of Sun'Meadows knowledge. Then the day came for Sun'Meadows and Siamese'Strokes kitting..