"Ava, I just don't want you to go alone to a kingdom that isn't ours, around people we don't know, that's all." 

"I know Griffin and his family really well, Rhys." 

"But I don't." 

She watched me for a minute. 

"I'm coming with you, Ava."

"Fine," she agreed. "But you're there as my husband, don't be possessive." 

"I'm never possessive, I'm protective. There's a difference," I said pointedly. 

"Sure thing." 

"There is. And you know it." 

She paused. "Yeah, I guess I do." 

I put one arm around her waist and pulled her closer as she instinctively put one hand on my chest. I threw one leg over hers, locking her in and she smiled softly. 

"What?" 

"Nothing," I mumbled, my eyes falling to her lips. "I love you." 

"I love you too," she grinned, holding one side of my face, her thumb stroking my cheek. 

I leaned down, kissing her. I felt her smiling into the kiss before her hand trailed down, resting against my bare chest again, her touch sending sparks and chills throughout my entire body. At some point, I rolled onto my back and she moved to straddle me, both of us pausing when she did and pulling back, staring at each other in surprise. 

Her eyes came from my lips to my eyes and moved to climb off but I kept my hands on her hips, holding her down. She froze, blinking once, then twice, stunned. 

"Stay," I mumbled. "Right there, just like that." 

"But... we—" 

"Don't have to do anything more than this, don't worry." 

She relaxed, a small smile tugging at her lips but she didn't let it show. "Okay," she whispered. 

"Okay," I repeated before she leaned back down, her lips meeting mine again. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next morning while Ava was still sleeping, I went downstairs after checking the time. Both of us slept in until eleven, and my parents were already gone by then. So, I took making breakfast upon myself. I was downstairs and was working on making hash browns when I heard her walking down the stairs. I didn't bother putting a shirt on since we were by ourselves at home, which is why when I felt her cold hands on my stomach as she wrapped her arms around my waist from behind, I jumped a little at the touch. 

She chuckled, resting her chin on my shoulder as she went on her toes. "What are you doing down here?" she asked, kissing my cheek and then my shoulder.

"Making us breakfast." 

"Did your parents leave already?" 

"Hmm." I turned down the heat before spinning around to face her. 

She grinned. "Morning."