Chapter 14- So it continues

All went quite well for about a week. Jayden, the Slytherin boy, visited more often. He came out to his parents despite Severus' warning that he shouldn't if he really thought his parents wouldn't support him. Jayden told them he didn't actually plan on doing it but her mother dropped by unexpectedly at Hogwarts to talk to Dumbledore about some sort of private case and she encountered Jayden on her way home. He was in one of the less popular corridors, kissing a Hufflepuff boy. 

Apparently, the mother freaked out and accused Severus of having a negative impact on him. She literally went to Dumbledore to sue him and make sure he lost his job, which he hadn't, luckily. She kept saying how Severus supposedly 'encouraged' him to be homosexual and that it was a sin.

Y/N actually overheard the conversation between Dumbledore and the mother when she flooed by for some advice.

"-I can't believe it. What an atrocious school this is. Headmaster, there has to be something you can do. This....man has influenced my child, letting him think he's a part of this cult!" She shouted furiously, "he ruined him. He's been hanging out with his student and no doubt that they have an inappropriate relationship with each other."

Y/N wanted to barge in but refrained herself from doing so. How did this woman gather up the nerve to speak about Severus that way, and to speak to her own child! It offended her to even think about the fact she was trying to accuse Severus of molesting Jayden or doing inappropriate things with him while he was barely 15.

"Calm down, Ma'am. I understand your worries and we'll do anything to raise children in a safe environment. An environment where they are allowed to be themselves. I think it's good that he's comfortable enough to be who he is. Severus, however, has nothing to do with his sexuality. He merely told him it's okay to love who you love and I can assure you he doesn't have any inappropriate relationship with anyone." Dumbledore seemed to be debating whether to add that Severus was already in a relationship with someone but quickly remembered that wasn't yet established after his memory loss. He hadn't heard from either of them for over two weeks, only seen them every now and then.

Y/N on the other hand did feel the need to tell the woman the truth. She wanted, to tell her that if she couldn't love her child for who the fuck they were, that she didn't deserve any either. She distinctly remembered her own experience with her hateful family from whom she hadn't heard since she turned a legal adult. Of course, she knew where they lived but she wasn't going to drop by to have a little chat with them. 

There was some more argument but it was mostly muffled. Then, suddenly, the woman's tone was high pitched and she lost her temper. She told him she was going to sue Severus if there wasn't anything done about this situation. She left abruptly to the door and opened it. They all froze when they saw Y/N standing behind it with a nervous smile.

"I didn't want to interrupt," She said as if that would explain why she kept waiting there. The woman scoffed and pushed her away, not even looking back to say goodbye to Dumbledore. Dumbledore shook his head in confusion and offered her a lemon drop.

"No, thank you. I- I just wanted to inform you that Severus knows who I am again so you can plan on....I don't know. Us being together," She said nervously as she fumbled with the hem of her shirt. Dumbledore smiled knowingly as he already suspected something was going on. He hadn't heard any fights in the last week from them, and the house-elves were great help with keeping him up to date by telling him everything they knew.

"Thank you for telling me." They continued a conversation about the new classes which eventually led to Jayden being absent at times, which led to his mother. Dumbledore said he'd do his best to keep away the drama from both of them and she nodded her exit.

She went back to their quarters and found Severus in the kitchen, about to reach up to get a glass out of the cabinet. The shirt lifted with the movement, revealing the pale skin. She saw his muscles flexing with every movement, the glance of skin at his hips and his hip bones in general. She bit her lip in arousal when Severus let out a grunt upon grabbing the glass.

"I can feel your eyes burning holes through my skin," He said with a hint of amusement and without turning around. Y/N was startled that he even noticed her coming in and watched as he turned around on his feet to face her.

"Hi, darling," He added, coming closer and wrapping his arms around her waist to pull her closer. She sank into the embrace, wrapping her own arms around his neck and her head lying on his chest which rose around the second. She felt one hand move to her hair and ran his fingers through it. It lasted for what felt like hours, her eyes closed and letting her be surrounded by his warmth and scent before she remembered what she was going to tell.

"You wouldn't believe what happened just now. I went to the Headmaster and-" Knocking on the door. They both sighed in disappointment because they had to let each other go and Severus went to open the door. He wasn't surprised to see Jayden standing there, but grew concerned when he saw his red and teary eyes. He didn't hesitate to fling himself at Severus for a hug who caught him just in time. He wrapped his arms around the boy, the same way he did with Y/N although more appropriate. Jayden burst out crying again and Severus gave Y/N a confused look.

"Shh, it's okay. Come sit down." He tried to unlock himself from Jayden who merely clutched his robes and they both shuffled to the couch where they sat down, the boy still not looking up nor letting him go. Severus soothed him and waited patiently and Y/N made tea for them.

"They don't want me anymore," He cried hysterically while Severus was left in the same blurry confusion. Who didn't want him? His parents?

"His mother found out. I heard her talk to Dumbledore, which I was about to tell you, that she believed you caused his sexuality. She seemed pretty mad about it," Y/N offered the information when she came back with the tea and sat down herself. She felt sorry for the boy. 

Even when her home life wasn't perfect, she was never not welcome while being a minor. Sure, she wasn't exactly greeted enthusiastically when she came back after another year of Hogwarts but it was never like the situation with Jayden. One thing that she couldn't understand was his sentence: 'They don't want me anymore.' Surely they wouldn't kick him out, right?

"Fuck," Severus muttered and exchanged a look with Y/N. They knew they weren't going to be able to get out of this one. This mother would not give up before Severus was fired. On top of that, Jayden was in a lot of trouble without any legal guardians.