Chapter 1

"I've got this feeling. Inside my bones," Branch sang softly, as he picked fruits and veggies from his garden. "It goes electric, wavey when I turn it on. All through my city, all through my home. We're flying up, no ceiling, when we in our zone."

     He dropped his basket of fruits and veggies, as he started to dance around his yard, getting lost in the song, as he sang louder.

     "I got that sunshine in my pocket. Got that good song in my feet. I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops. Oooo! I can't take my eyes up off it, moving so phenomenally. You gone like the way we rock it, so don't stop!"
"Hey, Branch!" Poppy shouted.
"AHHH!" Branch screamed, startled by the fact Poppy was suddenly right behind him. He spun around quick, looking her in the eyes. "I wasn't singing and dancing!" he blurted out, embarrassed. Poppy chuckled, shaking her head.

     "I thought it was cute," she admitted with a small smile.

Branch smiled at her words.

"Really?" he asked softly. Poppy nodded, chuckling quietly. "Oh... well... I..." he stuttered, rubbing the back of his head, as he looked away, blushing a bit. "I might of been singing and dancing... a little." He looked back at her, his smile fading quickly. "But don't tell anyone... ok?"
"My lips are sealed," Poppy promised, pretending to zip her lips shut.

—————

     The two trolls walked through troll village together, Poppy telling Branch about the epic dream she had last night.

(This is a reference. Just putting it out there)

     "And then we were in space! And there were troll aliens!" she said excitedly. Branch rolled his eyes, as he crossed his arms. "Yeah right... like there's actually such things as troll aliens," Branch muttered, thinking that her dream was ridiculous. Though it did sound like it would be a pretty good book to read. 😉

     "Actually... they were called Trollians. They tried to kill us with meteors, and it destroyed our wedding."
"Wait..." Branch said, his eyes widening, as he stopped walking suddenly. "Our... wedding?"

     Poppy chuckled, waving her hand through the air.

     "Yeah. Don't worry about it. It was just a silly dream." Branch looked away sadly.
"Yeah... totally unrealistic..." he sighed.

     They continued walking, Poppy going on and on about her dream.

     "And then Rover and Chloe..."
"Ok... ok..." Branch interrupted. "Not that this isn't fascinating... but you've been talking about this dream for hours. Can we please do something else."
"Ok... like what?"
"Well... we could..."
"Poppy! Poppy!" Dj yelled, suddenly running over to the two of them. "We've got a big problem! It's..." she paused, looking at Branch. "Oh..." she said, noticing him. "You're here..."
"Good to see you too, Dj," Branch said sarcastically, as he turned to look away from her, crossing his arms in annoyance.

     "Oh..." Dj said, her eyes widening, realizing she had accidentally hurt his feelings. "No... I... I didn't mean it like that! It's just... I'm still not really used to you being out of your bunker... you know?"
"Yeah, yeah. What ever," Branch grumbled, rolling his eyes.

     Poppy looked between the two of them, and then spoke, trying to change the subject.

     "So... Dj. You mentioned an emergency? What kind of emergency?"

     Dj looked back at her, remembering why she was there in the first place.

     "Right... right... emergency."
"So?" Branch said, getting impatient. "What is it?"
"We're out of glitter!" Dj yelled, as if it was the worst thing in the world. Poppy gasped, and Branch sighed, rolling his eyes.

     "What do we do, Poppy!?"
"Ok... I'll go check the glitter pits, see what's wrong with them." She looked at Branch. "Branch? Do you want to come?"
"As fun as that sounds... I'd rather... do anything else," he replied.
"Well... ok... I'll see you later than."

     Suddenly, Poppy and Dj's hug watches dinged, both of their faces lighting up with joy. "Hug Time!" they both shouted.

Branch's eyes widened in horror, as he began to back away.

"No... no, no, no..." he begged, waving his hands through the air, but Poppy and Dj just grabbed onto him, wrapping Branch in a tight group hug.

     "Enough! Enough!" Branch yelled, quickly pulling away. He turned, crossing his arms in anger.

     "Oh! That reminds me..." Poppy said, reaching into her hair. "Since you've rejoined troll society... I figured you'd want one of these."

     She pulled a hug watch out of her hair, holding it out to Branch.

     "A hug watch?" Branch said. "For me?"
"Of course! You deserve it. You've really blossomed, now that you've let your true colors show."

     Branch took the hug watch from her, looking at it with wide eyes.

     "Wow..." he said quietly. "Thank you, Poppy."
"Eh. Don't mention it," she said. "Bye Branch! I gotta go deal with this glitter problem. See you later!"

     She hugged him again, and then quickly ran off with Dj.

     Branch looked at the hug watch in his hand. He really didn't know how to feel about this. He was happy that Poppy felt like he was ready to have one, but at the same time... he didn't know if he was ready. He was still new to this whole 'being happy' thing. What if he blew it? What if he couldn't hold onto his colors like everyone wanted? He didn't want to go back into isolation, but he didn't know if he could handle troll life.

     He sighed, putting the hug watch in his hair, and then turned, walking back to his bunker.