CHAPTER FOUR

Well the next day came and I think it's fair to say that I was shitting myself. Although we didn't know the full details of our operation, I did know that Sergeant Heeley and Commander Hanley were pushing for this operation to happen tonight. I woke up in the bed space next to Dave just wishing that I was still in Edinburgh. I looked over to Dave who had just woke up.

"Morning, sunshine, how did you sleep?" He asked.

"Like shit." I replied. "Nothing makes me miss home more than these god-awful camp beds" I added with a slight chuckle.

"Well get used to it, lad. Because from now on for the next 3 months, these god-awful camp beds are going to be your new bed." He replied as he got up to go take a shower.

"Aye, and don't I fucking know it" I muttered to myself, knowing all to well about these uncomfortable camp beds and freezing cold showers which I was just about to endure.

We had our shower, got into our uniform, and went to wait for Georgie at her dorm and walked down to the dinner hall with Georgie. We sat in the dinner hall and had our breakfast. We tucked into our breakfast and had a coffee, then went out for a cigarette. As we were smoking our cigarette, conversation started about the operation that's supposedly going on tonight.

"Have you seen Hanley or Heeley going about yet lads?" asked Georgie.

"Nah, but my bet is that it won't be long until we do, it's only half seven in the morning" replied Dave.

"Give it another hour and he'll pull us all in for a briefing" I added. We knew they were pushing to get this done tonight so if they got the go ahead, they would be wanting to brief us as soon as possible.

We finished our cigarettes and went to check our equipment for our morning patrol until Sergeant Heeley came running up behind us.

"Guys! briefing room. Now" he shouted.

"What about the patrol?" I asked.

"Bravo teams are doing it this time for us" he replied. So we bout turned and headed towards the briefing room. As we started getting closer, we looked at each other and we knew exactly what this was going to be about. Was the plan going ahead for tonight or was it being put off until they came looking for us? We all had our own questions and I guess we were just about to find out the answers.

We walked into the briefing room, and it was packed of soldiers who looked at us as we walked in. We looked at each other once more as we walked in and sat down.

"Now a few of you know why we are here and a few of you will still be wondering why we have pulled you in for a briefing." said Commander Hanley.

"We have received information about a Taliban attack on us within the next couple of days." said Sergeant Heeley. "It seems that they got really pissed off when not only they found out that I was an imposter within the Taliban but also when they found out that I was actually Special Forces for the British Army and only there gathering information about them" he added.

"Not to mention the fact that Davies jumped in front of that bullet that was meant for you and also survived, Sergeant Heeley." said Commander Hanley.

"Correct, Sir" replied Sergeant Heeley. "I know a lot of you will be wondering what that has to do with you and why I am no longer in Special Forces, and your questions will be answered but for now, myself and Private Davies have massive targets on our backs. So our plan now is to stop them in their tracks before they get the chance to hit us." he added.

"In the absence of Sergeant Lane, Corporal Gibson will now brief us on the situation with Afri Karim, the Doctor that we are out here to protect." said Commander Hanley.