"It's that creaky back door again, I told you to get it fixed" Mom brings up, oblivious to what is going on. 

Our awkward family breakfast is interrupted by a knocking on the door, I almost slip on my slippers when I run to open the door, ready to meet my saviour for getting me out of there. I nearly rip the door off the hinges in anticipation, revealing a smiling Sarah. 

"Saz, hey!" I throw my arms around her, relieved she is here so my parents will be distracted. 

"Hey" she hugs me back, confused by my behaviour. 

I invite her in.

"Sarah, darling" Mom gets up to greet her, my dad sending her a small smile before looking back at his food, still upset with me. "Please join us" she offers some food, "no thanks, Mrs Shoupe, I already had breakfast but it looks great" Sarah politely declines. 

"I know that Beth is grounded but I'm really struggling with calculus and I was wondering if Beth could come to the library with me, I always study better with her" she tries to convince my parents. 

"I promise we won't be long" she continues and I hide my smile, knowing the last place we are going is the library. 

Mom doesn't want to give in but she can't say no to the Cameron's. She looks to my father who is in his own world, not putting up any resistance. 

"Well, I don't see how I could say no" she gives in, plastering a fake smile, "just don't be too long and come straight home from the library" she instructs. "You got it" I agree immediately, rushing upstairs with Sarah. 

"You're amazing!" I cheer when we are in my room. 

"I know" she smirks, "did I interrupt something by the way?" She wonders. 

"No, why?" I get changed quickly, "it just felt weird when I walked in," she notices, "no, just a normal family breakfast" I shrug, not wanting to reveal how I was caught with JJ in my own backyard. 

It would be too long of a story, a story that has come to an end, that was the final chapter.

I grab my book bag, grabbing random textbooks, so it looks like we are going to the library. 

We go downstairs and I wave goodbye to mother, not daring to look at my father, just waiting for him to stop me and yell at me. His silence is even scarier. 

Jumping into Sarah's car, I discard my bag in the backseat, having no intention of even looking at the books. 

"So what should we do while my mom thinks we are at the library?" I ask, "oh we are going to the library, I do really need help with my calculus" she drives away. "Ow" she laughs when I whack her arm, "obviously I'm kidding, I'll just copy your calculus homework when school starts again" she winks. 

"First let's get some snacks before we can go down to the beach, Topper, Alex, Kelce and Rafe are down there with some beers," she says, looking out at the road so she doesn't notice my smile dropping at his name. 

I don't want to see him.

I don't want to play this game right now. 

"Do you really want to hang out with the guys?" I try to change her mind.

"Why don't you want to hang out with the guys?" She wonders, "it's not that I don't want to hang out with them, it's just we are always with him, what happened to Lizzy and Saz time?" I keep trying, seeing she is about to cave in. 

"Let's have a girls day, massages, facials, nails, hair, all the lot, on me" I persuade, "you had me at girls day" she agrees. 

"Food first?" She asks.