"Hey! I was going to eat that!" Kenji exclaimed, crossing his arms.

"One word. Disgusting," I said bluntly, giving him a look.

Kenji rolled his eyes. "Anyways, not to be a total downer, but operation 'find people to help us' is clearly a bust." He picked up the popcorn I had smacked out of his hand and offered it to Darius, who wrinkled his nose and shook his head. Frowning, Kenji ate the rest of the floor food.

Darius looked out into the lagoon sadly and sighed. "You know, my dad talked about coming here for years. And here we are..." I squeezed his hand, and he glanced at me with a small smile.

Kenji smacked his lips with a pop. "Yep, welcome to Jurassic World," he said sarcastically, gesturing around us.

The setting sun reflected in the lagoon, and I heard the screeches of pteranodons. Looking out, it felt like I was in a strange dream. All of our near-deaths had passed and didn't seem so bad now that—

A loud alarm blared out, and the calm air shattered. At the sound, Darius, Kenji and I ran over to Brooklynn and Sammy. When we stopped to breathe, another voice rang out the speakers.

"Attention. All parkgoers must report to the south ferry dock for immediate evacuation. The last ferry departs in two hours."

"That's it? No explanations? That's all we get?" Brooklyn scoffed.

"Talk about vague," I muttered.

"We have to move," Darius said firmly. "The only way we can make it is if we run."

He started walking up the benches, and I grabbed his hand quickly, pulling him back. He gave me a weird look, so I pointed to Yasmina, Ben and Bumpy, who were still heading to us. Darius frowned at them and looked away in thought.

"I'm not sure that running is the best for us to get to the south dock," I said. Then, with a frown, I glanced at Yasmina's bandaged ankle—she had only wrapped it a few minutes ago. There is no way it would have healed enough for her to run.

"Yeah, I don't think she could run like that," Sammy said, glancing anxiously at Yasmina. Yasmina glared at her furiously.

"I said I'm fine! Besides, I've competed with a torn ACL. So we should be way more worried about Ben and Bumpy."

That was when Ben and Bumpy arrived, stopping beside me. Ben opened his beige fanny pack and took out hand sanitiser, rubbing it thoroughly over his hands and Bumpy's head.

"We should be worried about catching a boat out of here, and naturally, we have a problem!" Ben exclaimed. He pulled out a map of Jurassic World and pointed to an area near the middle. "We're here."

He then moved his hand to the bottom tip, far from where we were. "The docks are on the southern end of the island. Even if we ran at peak Yaz speed, there's no way we'd make the last boat out!"

Brooklynn scoffed and crossed her arms. "You don't know that!" she retorted.

Ben rolled his eyes and gave her a look. "Yes, I do! I memorised the evacuation plan on the ferry rides over."

Darius jumped onto another seat, catching our attention. "Okay, so we need another way. Um..." He pointed to the kayaks. "Can we use those somehow?"

We shook our heads.

"Or maybe, send someone to tell the ferry people to wait for us? Or—"

"Or make a few jetpacks real quick? Oh! We should befriend a unicorn! Face it; it's hopeless." Brooklynn interjected, crossing her arms.

Darius was about to say something else when a different speaker spoke. "We will be arriving at Main Street. Your destination for fine dining and shopping at Jurassic World!"

We walked around, looking for where the speaker was coming from, when I spotted the monorail. It was passing over the lagoon!

The speaker continued, "Followed by stops at the Jurassic World lagoon and the south ferry dock."

"Monorail, what-what!" Kenji cheered, picking me up and spinning me in circles. When he put me down, I grinned dizzily.

Brooklynn smirked, placing her hand on her hip. "Nicely played, universe."

Darius grinned and ran to the monorail station, yelling for us to hurry up. Giggling, we ran after him. I was close to overtaking Darius, glad my leg didn't even hurt that bad anymore, when the collar of my hoodie forcefully pulled me back.

"Hey!" I was immediately silenced by Kenji, who covered my mouth. "What?" I said as he moved his hand. Kenji pointed to the edge of the stands, so I peered over, gasping as I shot back into place. Toro was right there, standing on the concrete and looking around!

When Darius reached us, about to run into the clearing, Kenji and I grabbed either of his hands and pulled him back. We put our fingers to our lips when he was about to speak. He glanced over the edge of the stands, and his eyes widened as he saw Toro.

As Toro began to play with a large blue canister, biting and shaking it around like a chew toy, Darius whispered for us to move. He crept along to the stairs, and I followed him closely. I glanced back to see the others frozen in place, shivering.

Darius gestured for them to move as Yasmina, Ben, and Bumpy reached them. They all shared a look and snuck forward. Toro dropped the can, and they ran back. I shook Darius's arm with wide eyes. They were going to be caught!

Darius grabbed a large rock and chucked it at a can nearby us, distracting Toro. He pulled me to the stairs, mouthed for the others to follow, and they finally moved.