05 | LIES OF SUCCESSION

It was a rainy day, yet it was very motivating for some people. It was the perfect time for the students who failed the exam to get depressed, close themselves in their rooms, and think of an apology to say to their parents for this failure.

On the other hand, the students who passed the vocal testing successfully had the full right to rest and do whatever they wanted. People like that were indeed Taehyung, Soyeon, who was on the edge but did it, Park Jimin, and, of course, Jeon Jeongguk.

The moment when Taehyung got the email from his teacher, revealing the high score of 97,8 points (and don't ask him how they get graded because Taehyung himself is not very knowledgeable about it).

Not to lie, he was dying inside—but from happiness, of course. It was a high score for someone who had never professionally thought, and plus, he was going through some kind of depression. A depression that was long forgotten because this one rival of his motivated him.

He never realised after it that exactly Jeon Jengguk helped him.

Was he kind? Probably not, right?

Some questions of this sort were always in the boy's mind, mostly after he had a kind of celebratory moment in between. Okay, he was trying to show that he was actually worth it.

What had happened is that after he got the email with his points, the little demon on his right arm whispered to him how he had the best score.

Of course, the same little demon decided to go to Jeongguk's dorm, a whole goddamn penthouse, and to show him in the face the paper he specially printed from the email file.

A big mistake.

It was such a confident moment for him that it made Taehyung feel as if he had done amazingly.

Well, not at all.

One knock, two knocks, and then the door finally revealed the infamous rival. Taehyung was just about to speak up when he saw him with just a towel wrapped around his waist. Just a towel, it was a bit too much for him, considering his sexuality was not anything else but gay.

He had many tattoos—many beautiful but probably meaningful ones. They were wrapped around his whole arm and hand like a sleeve. His body was extremely well-built, compared to Taehyung's. And he wished he never looked down, because when he did, he had six packs of abs.

"Yeah?" The ravenette raised her eyebrow, looking at the boy with paper in hand. He shook a bit of his head, pointing at the score.

"You said you wanted a real game. How do you think of this now, huh?" Jeongguk lowly chuckled, making Taehyung loosen a bit of the grip of the paper.

"Tch, 97.8? What? I thought you were a lot better, Kim." He said, leaning to the doorframe in front of Taehyung.

"Mhm, I suppose you talk like this out of jealousy, aren't you?" He said. "Why would I have been jealous with a score of 99.1, Kim?"

The brunette felt like checking, smiling awkwardly. "Ninety-nine point one? Wow, you got hard on yourself, Jeon. Are you sure you didn't pay the teachers?"

''Ah," Jeongguk hummed, a slight grin on his face. "I will get it as one very bad joke then." He then stood up again, looking at Taehyung. "Done starring, Kim?" Taehyung looked up, thinking how stupid he might be looking in the moment.

"Ever heard of a shirt or something?"

"Tch, I did; you just interrupted my shower." He chuckled and put his hand on the door, ready to close it. "Go cry about it if you want."