𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

Start from the beginning

"I know.. I promise I will explain everything, I am so sorry.." Estelle said, her face falling.

"I know you will.. Let's go find Lily, I think James cornered her somewhere." She said with a giggle, grabbing Estelles hand in stride.

As they walked through the room hand in hand, they exchanged compliments, chatting happily about their Christmas'. They found an annoyed Lily in what looked like, a very awkward conversation with a grinning James. She was standing, leaned against the wall, with a long dark red dress that made her ginger hair shine.

Lily was searching the crowd, likely for a way to escape, and when her eyes landed on Estelle and Marlene they widened. She rushed away from James, wrapping her arms around Estelle with incredible force.

Estelle hugged her back tightly, smiling widely.

"Stella! I have been so worried, what has happened? Why haven't you returned any of my owls?! I thought something terrible had happened to you!" She said, clearly exasperated.

"I promise I will explain everything, but I would like to talk to everyone at the same time... Its just hard to keep repeating the story over and over again.. But long story short.. My parents threw me out, and I have been holed up at James's house since Christmas morning."

Marlene gasped, and Lily threw a hand up to her mouth.

"Ar-Are you okay my love?" Marlene said, pulling an arm around Estelles.

"I have been getting better, but it was.. Truly awful.. There is so much more to the story.. So we should just talk later." She said, trying to end the conversation politely.

The girls nodded, and Lily took Estelles other arm, pulling her towards the boys who had just shown up. Remus looked exhausted in shabby dark green and brown dress robes, and Peter looked as shiny faced and innocent as always in regular black ones.

They greeted the girls, both asking the same questions to Estelle, who answered the same as she had earlier. They all chatted for awhile, happy to see each other, Estelle missed her friends very deeply, and after the events of the Christmas holiday she needed some fun. So, they decided to make the very most of this evening.

They danced all together, even the very tired looking Remus joined for a couple songs. Sirius had convinced Fleamont to let him play a muggle record, so as "Heroes Are Hard to Find" by Fleetwood Mac blared through the old gramophone, the young Gryffindors twirled and danced.

Estelle found herself hand in hand, with the happiest looking Sirius she had ever seen, more times than she could count. He spun her around, waltzing dramatically before twirling her into James.

They laughed hard as Estelle bowled into him, almost knocking over Lily and Marlene at the same time.

Once the muggle music ended, they decided to take a break. They stumbled off the dance floor, panting and giggling. They grabbed a seat along the wall to catch their breath. James looked around at them all, noticing Sirius had disappeared.

"Oi, where is Black?" He called over the music. The group shrugged, all looking around. Moments later, Marlene spotted Sirius standing by the door that led out to the garden. Reluctantly, the group made their way over to him. He smirked at them all suspiciously, holding his hands behind his back.

"What are you doing Sirius..." Estelle said, looking up at him confused.

"Follow me you lot, I set something up earlier so we could sneak away." He said with a wink, disappearing behind the drape that was covering the garden door.

Estelle looked back at their friends, shrugging slightly, before following him out. Her heeled shoes didn't do much for the cold, and the snow crunched uncomfortably under her feet.