Chapter 2

You walk into your home and notice Lucius sitting on the couch in the living room with a glass of red wine and a disgruntled expression. He had been waiting for you. 

"I came home early expecting to be greeted by my lovely fiancée, but where did she go," Lucius says, his voice laced with irritation. 

You sigh and remove your coat, hanging it on the coat rack by the door. 

"I took a walk; I needed to stretch my legs," You say, walking towards the couch. Lucius sips his wine, looking at you with a scrutinizing gaze. 

"Did I say you can?" He asks, and you let out a sigh. 

"I know you didn't say I could, but it wasn't too long, I swear," You respond, hoping to avoid confrontation. Lucius then sets his drink down, and annoyance overwhelms you. Why do you have to have permission to leave?

"So, a walk, right? Not talking to James Potter. You didn't go to Diagon Alley and see your ex. And before you ask how I know, I may have decided to go and buy you something nice, but then I saw you talking to someone," Lucius says, his voice laced with suspicion. You look away from him, feeling a sudden pang of guilt. You know that Lucius is not fond of James Potter; he knows you're still in love with James. 

"I may have run into him," You admit, and flinch when Lucius lifts his hand, scared he will hit you again. But he runs it through his hair this time, letting out a deep sigh.  

"I was only catching up with him since it's been too long, that's it; I swear he even knows I'm engaged," You explain, trying to sound as convincing as possible. Lucius nods and sits back down, picking up his glass of wine. If you leave the house again, you'll be in trouble.

"Never talk to him again," Lucius says, his voice firm and authoritative. You nod, too scared to say no, but you can't help but wonder what will happen if James talks to you again. Will you just run away from him? You can't help but feel trapped in this relationship and know that something needs to change.

But if you say anything except Yes, you may end up with a black eye again, and you don't think that's something you can handle again.

After your breakup with James, Lucius started being friendly to you. Your family would often invite him and his family to events, and you both ended up going on dates and hooking up. Lucius was kind and pleasant, but you rejected him when he asked you out, as he was only a rebound. Things took a turn for the worse. He got his parents and your parents to arrange a marriage with him a few months ago, and since then, he has shown his abusive side.

'Honestly, I'm stuck with him. If I could, I'd walk out that front door. But I know too much, don't I? I hear too much, and Lucius would never let me leave, all because of that, and even if I didn't like it, I could still leave.'