Chapter 19

You wake up the following day in James's bed, feeling warm and cozy, his arms wrapped around you. As you stir, James notices you're awake and leans over to kiss you softly. 

"Good morning, beautiful," He says with a smile, "You look radiant today, my sunshine." 

You can't help but giggle at his use of pet names, which always make you feel loved and cherished. As you bask in the warmth of his embrace, James goes in for another kiss, but just as his lips meet yours, there's a knock at the door, interrupting the moment.

As soon as James heard someone at the door, he grumbled under his breath and got out of bed to see who it was. 

"Who's here so early? Better not be pads, I swear," he muttered to himself. 

However, as you listened, you heard arguing coming from downstairs and decided to investigate. When you reached the living room, you saw your parents and sighed, disheartened. James was trying his best to get them to leave, but they seemed not ready to go just yet.

"It's fine, James," and he stops, opening the door for your parents. 

"Well, if you say so," James replies, closing the door behind them and shooting them a glare before sitting behind you. 

"Y/n, come home," your mom says, but you shake your head. "No, I'm staying here," you say, grabbing James's hand and smiling at him. 

"Why?" your father asks, and you sigh. 

"Lucius cheated; we all know that. Now, I don't have to marry him, so I will be with the man I love. Please accept this. I love James so much," you explain, hoping they'll understand. 

"Well, James, do you want the job Lucius was going to get?" your father asks, and James nods.

"Sure, I need to support a baby, too," James said. Your parents were shocked at how accepting he was of raising another man's baby. 

"Do you just accept the role of a father to the baby now?" your father asked, and James nodded. 

"Well, yeah. I love y/n, so of course, I accept it. Why wouldn't I?" James asked, and you smiled at him. 

Your father nodded as he told James to meet him in his office at work to discuss the details. 

"Ok," James said, resting his head on your shoulder. 

'Well, I must say, I'm glad her parents have accepted that we're together now. Truly, I love y/n so much, and I'm so glad we're back together again. My life feels so complete.'