Chapter 36- My Dear.

The guards are off post...
The gate is never unguarded.
Something's going on, but do you really want to risk this?

You grit your teeth, stepping towards the unguarded chamber. You placed your palm on the door, sighing.
"Well, there's only one way to know the truth." You closed your eyes, pushing open the door.

No one was in the halls. Just the same dimly lit corridors, the magnificent chandelier draping from the ceiling. The grand staircase beckoned your name, daring you to venture forth.
You had no permission to be within the palace grounds at this time, if you're caught, you're going to be in trouble either way. So for now you decided to sneak your way around. You hustled across the room, attempting to prevent your boots from tapping too loud. Cascading the stairs, you crouched down to look for potential guards.

"None again?" You muttered under your breath.

You continued forward, following down the back corridor. This is where a number of meetings took place along with the dining hall. You couldn't hear any voices, so you guessed this was the best option.

Your main goal was to reach the throne room. Her highness usually held meetings around this time. Perhaps you could get some intel.

As you inched further down the identical hallways, one after another, you finally reached the hallway which contained the destination. The throne room.

Just one turn around the corner and you were in the clear. You hugged the corner wall, pawning in for any people. There was no one, once again. Where all the usual guards were stationed were no longer there. Could something that important be going on? They can't all be on break.

Your heart was pounding so hard in your chest, you were worried that you would get caught just from the sound. But that's impossible, right?
Everything is going a little too well for plan. You shook your worries off and turned the corner.

"Shit." You gasped, immediately surrounded by guards.

With multiple spears, swords, and bows aimed at your neck, you had no where to go.
How were they that quiet? And an ambush? Man, you just got played.

"Target under capture." One guard boasted, stepping forward.

"Step away from me." You hissed, preparing for anything.

"No can do. Orders call." Another stated, gripping your hands behind your back.

You fought back, resisting the restraints. You felt your hands tied back, guards refusing to move.
You glanced up at the men.

"Let go of me you bastards."

The crowd around you erupted in laughter.

"You think that's funny?" You spat.

They didn't dare stop. Yet...

Restraints won't do anything for you. You released an immense amount of energy to the restraints, breaking the grip. You removed your arms, immediately jumping into the combat.

You managed to take three down in one swing, but you needed to retreat. You can't take them all down at once, especially after releasing that much of your energy just to free yourself.
You slid yourself underneath one of the guards, springing back up to your feet. You immediately took off running, full sprint.
You didn't care about any noise you made at this point, you were obviously wanted for something.
But who were you to let them, mere guards, take down a harbinger?

"She's getting away! After her!" A guard ordered.
They began trailing you, firing a number of attacks.
Arrows, spears, you name it.

You couldn't afford to fight back, one wrong step and you would be crushed under them. For now, you needed to run. You could only hope her highness didn't catch wind of your appearance.