7. from the ashes

(there's a part with glass and wrist. just wanted to let anyone who isn't comfortable with that know. nothing actually happens though, I just know it can be hard to see that and get bad memories. if it does give you memories about that time I just want to let you know you are so loved and it'll get better)

 if it does give you memories about that time I just want to let you know you are so loved and it'll get better)

"all of the rations are packed but 50 percent of our people won't march. fear of sandstorms. has put a dent in morale. we're letting it be know we're taking the long route to avoid them but-"
"don't be a coward Miller. It's not the sandstorms. tell them the truth"
"it's Madi. the fact that there's a supposed commander. out there is, complicated things."
"complicated? you just told me half of our people are refusing to march. I'd call that more than complicated"
"that's way more then complicated mil"
"maybe if you hadn't tried kill her the believers would-"
"we don't need them. even at half strength, we outnumber diyoza's army."
"still not enough, not without the worms."
"maybe. maybe not. but we still got the element of surprise. I say, we go win this war, and once we do, the rest of wonkru, they'll follow."
"we don't want them to follow. you're either wonkru or the enemy of wonkru. and wonkru people are warriors. I think it's time they remember what happens to enemies of wonkru."
"night monster is right. we need the pits"
"that is her brother in there."
"Indra and Gaia too I'm aware"
"you want us to kill the people who brought back your beloved commander?"
"no I want you to kneel to her, but I know you won't. you want your army to march? show them what happens when they don't."
"literally what I just said"
O nods
"I'm going to talk to them"
"I'm going to train."
since I'll probably be in the pits soon.

"since I'll probably be in the pits soon

I don't know who to train with. everyone has been busy since we got out.
"Ethan you want to train?"
"yeah"
"okay come on"
we start walking to the training room
"do you think it's gonna be weird to not live here?"
"yeah but I think it'll be cool. like it was before."
"before there was way more people, way more wars, polis, my sister. it's not gonna be the same. this might be our last war"
"Lilith that's a good thing"
"is it? I've trained all my life to fight. what does a warrior do without war"
"they live their life, their happy, alive, life."
"yeah I guess you're right. "
"and we get to finally just be kids lilith"
"I don't think I'll ever just be a kid after this place"
when finally arrive at the training pit
"alright let me get ready for you to knock me down"
"you gotta have some more self faith Ethan"
"mhm when you beat Blodreina it's hard to have a little self faith"
i laugh a little because I'm definitely gonna knock him down, but a warrior shouldn't talk like that. we start fighting,
*swords hit*
*swords hit*
I do a cool spin move O showed me and kicked his back leg causing him to fall
"okay let's just stick with the punching bags today"
I laugh and reach out my hand for him to grab
"okay"
after some training and time with Ethan I need to go find o.
"thanks for today Ethan, but I need to find o"
"you're welcome, thanks for asking me to come"
"of course"
I put my jacket with like a cape or something on and start walking to where i think o is. the pit
"O? are you okay"
"yeah I'm fine. how was training?"
"it was good, I knocked Ethan down in like a second"
she smiles which causes me to smile
"of course you did. come on we need to talk to my brother"
I nod, why would she talk to that traitor. I get he's family but like she always says love is weakness. what's different now. nothing. we start walking to the cells, and the guard lets us in. O seats by him but I stand close but not like weirdly close.
"remember lily pads? God, you used to hate that game. jumping from table to chair to bed. first one who touches the ground loses."
I played this game with O and Ethan at the start of being in the bunker. she always told me he hated it but would always play
"but you never once said no, and you always let me win. do you remember the last time we played? I cut my lip, i bled all over the place. I was so worried that someone would see it on the floor and find me, but you took care of that. you cut your own arm open so people would think it was our blood. long way from that to poisoning me."
"not really. no. I did that to save you, too. from yourself, from fighting a war that could destroy the last survivable land on earth"
"if it destroys it then we can go with Monty's little save the farm plan"
"yes and you'll be happy to know that the worms are gone. Clarke took them along with the usurper you tried to replace me and Lilith with."
"and you're still ready to go to war, even though Indra has told you how many of your people would die?"
"no one cares what that traitor has to say, traitor"
"what kind of leader does this? doesn't let their people make their own choices? fights no matter who dies?"
"you have no idea what you're talking about."
"not even a clue"
"don't I? O. you turned this place into a story from your childhood. I mean, the red queen? It's a joke."
I walk up a bit
"a joke? are you laughing? because im not. it's not gonna be a joke when you're in the pit later."
" I came here to save your life. now I'm not so sure I should."
"well. This should be good."
"Indra has a weakness. her shoulder never fully healed from the bullet pike put in her. the last time you chose the wrong side in a war."
"so you came here to help me kill the woman who made you who you are"
"I love Indra. I do."
love is weakness, she taught me that herself
"but she's not my blood. you are."
would she chose him over me because I'm not blood
"now make her take the hammer. It's too heavy to wield with one arm. that means you need to get the sword."
"octavia, would you listen to yourself?"
"would you let her speak"
"Gaia will go for the staff, and you'll worry about her after you take out Indra. tell me you understand."
"I wish I did. I wish I knew what made you this way, and I wish that i could have been here to take the burden off you these last six years"
"we wouldn't have survived with you."
"look I'm here now okay. and the way I see it, you have two choices: you rather call this thing off and make a deal to share the valley, or you watch me die in that arena today. because I'm not fighting."
"everybody fights."
"I won't"
"we'll see."
"you fight our you die Bellamy. you really want to never see echo again?"
we walk off and he just stares at the wall
"there's no coming back from this, o"
he gets up and walks to us
"if you do this, there's no coming back."
"I know you're still trying to save me, bell. but you can't save someone who's already dead."
she walks out
"you know things would have gone a lot differently if you didn't chose pike over everyone else"
"I can't change the past."
"no and you can't change blodreina either. this is who she is. get use to it"
I walk out and see O crying
"hey it's okay"
she leans her head on me. this is weird. she never cries. warriors don't show feeling, especially in war.
"it's okay"
she turns and looks at herself in the broken mirror and starts walking to it. she grabs a price of glass and puts it to her wrist
"O. O stop"
she looks at me through the mirror and then back at herself. and cuts by her elbow. oh thank good she's just doing face paint. I just stand still why she puts it on and then looks at herself
"come. come here. let me put some on you. it's time to take this place back. blodreina and night monster. what do you think?"
she says as she puts my blood on my face for the first time. it was always her blood. I know it's weird but it's because no one could know I am a night blood. and now they know.
"I think it's a great idea blodreina"
she smirks at me cause me to smile
"then let's go take what's ours"
I nod and we start walking to the arena. once we get there we take our seats. everyone was quite even when the fighters walked in. but you could hear
"nightblida"
"night blood"
"night monster"
O stands up to talk.
"we gather here today to remind ourselves what happens to the enemies of wonkru. it doesn't matter who you are. If you chose sides against us, if you divide us, if you defy us, then you are not us. before we give these traitors a second chance to be called.. brother, sister, or seda. we pay tribute to those who have died so that we might live."
o looks at me signaling for me to get up so I do and I grab the rail and bow my head too
"(All of me for all of us)"
everyone repeats
"be the last"
Gaia turns and kicks Indra and the two start fighting.
"Bellamy watch out"
someone yells
"(Shut up, no helping the fighters)"
I yell to them , Indra and Bellamy start fighting. I want to be put in but Octavia won't let me. she wants one of them to come out. they're traitors. they tried to kill her. knocked me out. they shouldn't be given a second chance. the crowd finally starts to cheer as Bellamy and Indra fight. but Gaia is still laying on the ground. she can't already be dead. then she gets up. so she's not dead. she grabs indra's weapon and starts fighting.
"(spirit of the commander guide my hand)"
"no!"
I stand up and grab the flying spear really quickly everyone gets quite and Octavia stands up but I just stare at Gaia really wanting to through this at her but knowing O won't let me.
"I said, be the last"
I through down the spear before I through it at her . they start fighting again. this fight sucks.
"stop"
in comes Monty and Harper. are they for real.
"Monty get out of here."
great idea Bellamy. finally advice someone should listen too.
"guards take him away."
she says standing up, I do too not sure what she wants me to do.
"octavia told you we have to march, that we have to fight for the one place left where we can survive, but she knows that's not true."
"Monty, you do not belong in here"
"I would stop though before this is exactly where you belong."
he pulls out a flower or something and you hear gasp and whispers
"the hydrofarm is working again. soon, it'll be processing enough food to feed all of us here. using the same techniques, we can grow crops in the wasteland. ask Octavia she's seen it with her own eyes."
everyone starts whispering again
"go to war if you want to, but at least tell them they have a choice."
"the choice is you are wonkru or an enemy of wonkru. everyone needs to chose or die"
"is this true?"
"does it matter? wonkru sticks together no matter what."
"(blodreina no more! night monster no more!)
they start to tear down the fence around the pit and go in
"blodreina, what are you orders?"
"(blodreina no more! night monster no more!)
"stand down"
she told me and Miller, I looked down Bellamy and Harper are smiling I take a step to go get them and Octavia grabs me
"that means you to Lilith"
"you're gonna just let this stand?"
"no i have a better idea. come with me"
I nod and we start walking
"we need to take their choice away"
"you're gonna mess up the farm aren't you"
"I'm gonna burn that damn thing so we're finally done with it"
"and they'll have no choice but to march. great idea o. I was starting to worry you were going soft on me"
"don't ever worry about that Lil"
we finally get to the farm, octavias staring down the plants. I grab one of them and pick it.
"why is this so beautiful. I thought this place was dying"
"apparently you can bring some things back from the dead"
"let's burn this place"
she nods and we set fire. this causes the fire alarm to go off and everyone to come.
"no!"
octavia turns around but I stay facing the farm in flames
"what did you too do"
"took away the choice"
"you still have one. stay here and die or march with us and live."
"(from the ashes we will rise)"
*Idk if I said this but parentheses means their speaking trigedasleng*
I turn around and look at them
"wonkru marches tomorrow. nothings stopping us this time. come or don't. I don't care, just don't try and get in my way again."
I walk through them all, leaving them staring at Octavia and the flames

the next dayall I could hear was whispers as O and I walked out of the bunker

the next day
all I could hear was whispers as O and I walked out of the bunker. it was awkward after yesterday in the arena. but we kept going. we grabbed a bag with rations and went on.
"we got rations here for everyone, six days worth. that's enough to make it to the valley. move out!"
everyone grabs rations and starts to follow us.
"Lilith should be our real heda"
"she is night monster she is not worthy of being commander"
"she should have gotten the flame not that child"
"the commanders really chose her"
"she has killed many of our own she does not serves that title"
all I heard was whispers about me being commander same good some bad and I wish I was commander. O is getting soft because of her brother no matter what she says.
"(enough)"
I turn around since I was far enough of head of the army
"(it's time to end this War)"