Chapter 14

Poppy and Lownote ran into the restaurant, seeing several trolls cowering in fear under their tables, Branch tearing through the room, growling.

He was acting more like a wild animal than a troll, his beard stubble having grown exponentially.

"Ruuugh!" Branch roared, throwing metal plates into the walls so they would smash.

Poppy's eyes widened, as she gasped sharply, seeing what her sweet Branchie had become.

     "Branch..." she whispered, shaking her head slowly.
"Don't worry, Poppy," Lownote said. "We still have time to fix him."

     He pulled out the little laser R&B had given to him, shooting it at Branch, who stood on one of the tables.

     The blast hit the man beast in the back, causing him to stumble a bit, falling off the table and onto the floor.

     "Grr..." he growled softly, turning to glare at Lownote, as he slowly rose to his feet.

     "You think a little laser can take me down?" Branch growled.

     Quickly, Lownote zapped him again, but it did nothing but make the man beast angrier.

     "You're gonna have to do better than that," Branch taunted with a mischievous smirk.

     "Come on, man!" Lownote yelled. "Just go down! I'm trying to help you!"

     He zapped him again, but still... nothing happened.

     Suddenly, Branch charged at Lownote, the funk troll firing laser after laser, each of them hitting Branch in the chest, but doing nothing to slow him down.

     Branch reached Lownote, raising his fist, but Lownote fired the laser one final time, Branch's face going blank.

     "That did it..." he groaned, flopping down to the floor unconscious.

     "Ha, ha, ha," Lownote laughed coolly. "That's how it's done, Baby."

     Poppy looked at Branch laying unconscious on the floor, and then at Lownote.

     "Wha... what did you do to him?" she asked concerned.
"Don't worry," Lownote assured. "The laser was set to stun." His smile faded for a moment, looking at the motionless Branch. "At least... I think it was set to stun..."

     He looked at the laser, his smile coming back.

     "Yep. Stun. Now let's get him back to Vibe Town, Baby."