Chapter 6

Quickly, the funk sisters ran to help their friend up, as he rubbed his head.

     "You ok, Branch?" R asked.
"Y... yeah..." he responded. "I'm fine."

R&B helped Branch up to his feet, and he looked at them.

"Sorry," he apologized. "I didn't mean to turn it on."
"It's ok, Branch," R assured.
"What matters is your not hurt," B added.

"R! B! You two up there!?" they all suddenly heard in a shout.

Branch went over to the window, looking down to see Poppy standing on the ground, waving her arms.

"Poppy..." Branch muttered, his ears drooping a bit.

R&B looked at each other, noticing the blue troll's reaction. They smirked, and then turned back to Branch, crossing their arms smugly.

"You finally gonna tell her how you feel?" B asked.

Branch froze at the question, before turning to face them, his eyes wide.

"I... uh... don't know what you're talking about," he lied, fiddling with his fingers nervously. "Yep... sure," R&B both said simultaneously, smirking smugly.

     B pushed a button, a bubble forming outside the ship to pick up Poppy.

     "You should tell her," R said to Branch.

     Branch lowered his head, his ears drooping in sadness.

     "I tried..." he sighed. "She doesn't like me that way."
"Come on," B said, punching Branch's arm gently. "I see the way you two look at each other."
"We all do," R added.

     "Really?" Branch asked, smiling slightly.
"Really. Ask her out," R said.
"I'm sure she'll say yes," B finished.

     The bubble entered the ship, placing Poppy on the floor gently, before popping.

     "Hi, R&B," she greeted. Then her gaze turned to Branch, the biggest smile appearing on her face. "Branch! I was hoping you'd still be here!"
"Uh... h... hi, Poppy," he greeted nervously.

     He looked to R&B, who nudged him closer to Poppy.

     "Do it," they whispered.

     "So... I... I wanted to ask you something..." Branch said, rubbing the back of his head, as he looked away from her. "Yes!" she shouted, bouncing up and down with joy. "A thousand times yes!"

     Branch raised an eyebrow, confused.

     "I... uh... didn't ask anything yet..." he said softly.
"Sure you did," Poppy responded, pulling a piece of paper out of her hair. "I found your poem."

     His eyes widened, as he saw her holding the poem he had wrote. The one saying how he loved her.

     "I... I... uh..." Branch stuttered, but Poppy interrupted by kissing him on the cheek.

     "See you tonight at Che Dante?" she asked. He smiled wide, nodding his head rapidly.

     Poppy smiled, skipping out of the funk ship.